What's new

A guide to glitch cancelling?

I asked someone on xbox to show me how to glitch cancel but they said it was too hard to explain in words. Is there any way to figure out how to perform a glitch cancel?

Uh...theres a lot of vids with examples in it....

A lot of combo vids have a couple examples of glitch canceling....

After 4 hits, Reptile can't throw and more forceballs, but if you GC it, a forceball will shoot. Sub can do two aahp's and throw another freeze, it's not something you go

oh wow he just gc'd unless you know how many hits he's gotten on you and see the glitch come out.

Glitch canceling isn't very practical online. There's too much timing involved and the reward of success just isn't worth the risk of failure. I won't try to GC unless I'm playing someone that sucks and I'm bored. I'll end up getting a success rate of about 10%. It's cool to see pop up, jk, tp, hp (gc), TKS, ending, but if you screw up the hp (gc) you lose the damage of the ending which can be quite a bit.

I'd practice something else.

Here's the easiest way to do it.

Pick Sub Zero. His Freeze has a hit limit of only ONE. so aahp Freeze is perfect. So in theory, aahp Freeze, aahp Freeze shouldn't work. Oh, but with the magic of Glitch canceling it does.

Basically, your doing the move so fast, and replacing it with another move fast enough that the game doesn't read the first move. It the example above, the second aahp.

So, Pick UnSub, and have your opponent pick Stryker or a female Ninja. It's easiest on them. You want to aahp them and then freeze like normal. Then walk up to them, press HP again and INSTANTLY press the combination for the deep freeze attack. If done right, you will pull off the combo aahp freeze, aahp, freeze. Timing is everything.

Here's the easiest way to do it.

Pick Sub Zero. His Freeze has a hit limit of only ONE. so aahp Freeze is perfect. So in theory, aahp Freeze, aahp Freeze shouldn't work. Oh, but with the magic of Glitch canceling it does.

Basically, your doing the move so fast, and replacing it with another move fast enough that the game doesn't read the first move. It the example above, the second aahp.

So, Pick UnSub, and have your opponent pick Stryker or a female Ninja. It's easiest on them. You want to aahp them and then freeze like normal. Then walk up to them, press HP again and INSTANTLY press the combination for the deep freeze attack. If done right, you will pull off the combo aahp freeze, aahp, freeze. Timing is everything.
A video to go along with this example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY1zf4jdejw

Hope that helps. Message me if you need anything else.