What's new

A few words about 'friendly' rematches...

So, another great new addition, right? Because that's what most of us wanted, more time in that toxic cesspool called Ranked/Kombat League. My first tought was 'Why TF?! Hell no!' because based on my experience you cannot expect anything but toxicity from a rematch where the other one is salty because of the lost set so if he cannot wait to get back at you it will end in toxicity.

So, my first match in this brave new world called Aftermath. Ranked match, of course he picks a new character, Sheeva. He doesn't even block once, all he tries to do is stomp. I punish him, Krushing Blow punish him, he went to Scorpion. I managed to overcome him, set is over, next please! We went to friendly rematch, because I automatically pressed X on the first option but it is Friendly Rematch now. How cool is it, huh? I lost this time, he immediately t-bags.

So... here's Friendly Rematch, the accidental gift to toxic assholes to torture us more. FUCK NRS and FUCK ALL TOXIC T-BAGGERS!

Never
again in my life will I play another friendly rematch in this game because my first match proved that it is what I expected it to be: a petty revenge tool for idiots.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
You're not obligated to do the friendly rematch though. If you're pretty sure the person is going to be toxic you could just choose not to friendly rematch.

I like the Friendly Rematch. That way if you're in KL and you run into a well matched opponent where you have some good games you can easily keep playing them.

Suntory

Suntory
I don't care if they t-bag in the friendly set after losing the ranked set, because I got the points and W's that mattered.

ETA: The OP said they accidentally friendly rematched. So I feel like they are saying that the experience went how they expected and confirms why they never intended to intentionally engage in it.

Just don't rematch then.

I had a guy beat me, want a rematch, then quit the next game. What is the point of re-matching if you are only going to play one game?

Anyway, sounds like you were the salty one.
Yeah, the joke's on me, right?

Once again: I had zero intention to rematch. I wanted to move on to the next fight but I didn't notice that what used to be 'Next opponent' is now replaced with Friendly Rematch so I accidentally rematched. I was like Why not? Let's play another one! I didn't t-bag, I didn't do first match fatal and even though I finished the set with a Brutality, it was automatically triggered so it wasn't even my intentional choice. It's just ridiculous that you can't even play a friendly rematch without someone going toxic at the very first opportunity. It wasn't my fault that he picked a Day 1 Sheeva and it backfired then he couldn't save the set with a counterpick.

Considering that our top players can't even upload a kombo clip without t-bagging at the end I shouldn't be surprised yet here I am. Whatever. Maybe I just don't get the culture of this.

I just want press x and go to the next match. Now I have to press down, x, >>, x. It's not that good of a design for kombat league.

Yeah, the joke's on me, right?

Once again: I had zero intention to rematch. I wanted to move on to the next fight but I didn't notice that what used to be 'Next opponent' is now replaced with Friendly Rematch so I accidentally rematched. I was like Why not? Let's play another one! I didn't t-bag, I didn't do first match fatal and even though I finished the set with a Brutality, it was automatically triggered so it wasn't even my intentional choice. It's just ridiculous that you can't even play a friendly rematch without someone going toxic at the very first opportunity. It wasn't my fault that he picked a Day 1 Sheeva and it backfired then he couldn't save the set with a counterpick.

Considering that our top players can't even upload a kombo clip without t-bagging at the end I shouldn't be surprised yet here I am. Whatever. Maybe I just don't get the culture of this.
Guess you're not so immortal after all huh? It's a game dude, chill tfo...

You're not obligated to do the friendly rematch though. If you're pretty sure the person is going to be toxic you could just choose not to friendly rematch.

I like the Friendly Rematch. That way if you're in KL and you run into a well matched opponent where you have some good games you can easily keep playing them.
Is the option going to be in KL though?