What's new

a few ideas

Wouldn't it have been cool if the DS UMK3 had it set up to where when you uppercut your opponent through the roof/ceiling and playing that stage on the top screen from whence uppercutted through the bottom screen? I thought would've made the game a bit more unique in its own way.

And also, what IF they just remake all the mortal kombat games (minus all 3D ones except MK4) into one game, still reminiscent of the old ones, same stages, same fatalities, same 2D gameplay we all know and love. Just correct some glitches, enhanced graphics and sound, and some new moves and fatalities or two, have brutalities, friendships, all the old school roster plus non-playable characters you have to fight, change the storyline a bit. But here's the catch, it would be an Fighting/Action/RPG, You fight to progress to each tournament, unfolding stories of whichever character of your choosing.

yeah they're just ideas that have been consuming my mind for some time, I know I'd buy this shit if it was on a next-gen console. What do you think?

Houzi

Noob
RPG as in your character has levels and you level up like Defense or Attack or Special or something? I wouldn't like it to be like that. Just MK style where you pick up the game and can be at the same level as everyone else.

RPG as in your character has levels and you level up like Defense or Attack or Special or something? I wouldn't like it to be like that. Just MK style where you pick up the game and can be at the same level as everyone else.
nah, not entirely RPG-like elements. I agree for I don't like all that numbers crap, just saying for it to be in the same vein as a RPG. Just like Shaolin Monks was, where you sort of gain new fatalities as you progress into each tournament.

if there were to be an arcade mode, it would strictly be like the arcade would play and all would be the same as everyone else. Just in the story mode, you gain or maybe learn fatalities, etc. All would be in 2D, sort of like Sub-zero mythologies, but grander and more epic. Something along those lines.