What's new

Question a couple questions and things i have noticed with harley

well first off HELLO EVERYONE !

anyway, what is up with cancelling into play doctor?

when done wrong you either get fireball gun shots, her AA gun shots or nothing....
i have literally put a couple of hours into trying to figure out how this is suppose to work

maybe these current gen fighting games have spoiled me but does the cancel have to be this strict?
after a couple of hours i am finally starting to get a feel for it, i mean wow

and then im not sure if theres something im missing but the AI does not reversal or wakeup attack after you connect play doctor. i was trying to see how much time do i have before they can actually mash srk/super/reversal before i mix them with high/low/grab but the ai just does nothing?

also what in the world are you suppose to do against zoning cyborg?
fireball, short jump fireball really baffled me. i couldnt see a way in

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Play Doctor keeps you standing and is unblockable, so it's impossible to do a reversal or wakeup attack after it. You can only do a reversal after blocking and you can only do a wakeup as you're getting up from being knocked down.

And yes, the input is a pain in the ass. I practiced trying to land it after 1, 1 for at least seven hours and got practically nowhere, it's a lot easier for me doing it after a 1, 2 though.

SSJGrimReaper

Big Apple, 3 AM
Yeah I'm having a similar issues with it, I can do it all day by itself but at the end of combos it seems to come out whenever it wants.

FlipinFlava

Kuya Andy
i have no idea what to do against cyborg
there's seemingly no gaps for you to move and i feel like the only time i can get in is if they make a mistake

BlackRam

Noob
Play Doctor keeps you standing and is unblockable, so it's impossible to do a reversal or wakeup attack after it. You can only do a reversal after blocking and you can only do a wakeup as you're getting up from being knocked down.

And yes, the input is a pain in the ass. I practiced trying to land it after 1, 1 for at least seven hours and got practically nowhere, it's a lot easier for me doing it after a 1, 2 though.
Yeah I am in the same boat as you. I can't get play doctor or really any specials to come out with a combo. It just does a different one or nothing.

After reading the other post I noticed that people using the fight stick don't have the problem as often, so I grabbed one and will try it this weekend. I blame my thumbs on the PS3 controller.