What's new

Strategy A Concept on the Stage Insurgency

SLH7671

When in doubt, armor out.
****I'll admit I'm a noob at Injustice, and I'm not aware if anyone has found this or if it is inescapable or not.****

FROM MY UNDERSTANDING/OBSERVATION:

On the far right of the stage there is a mid hitting interactable, it SEEMS to give advantage on block just like F3 and B3.

Deathstrokes F3 gives advantage on hit, his J3 can cross-over and can be followed up with the interactable.

THE CONCEPT:

When an opponent blocks in the right hand corner of the starting stage, Deathstroke's F3 is grants enough advantage for a J3 cross-over follow up, immediately after the J3 cross-overs blocked the Deathstroke player does the interactable and gets more advantage and causes just enough knock-back for another F3, which allows for another J3 cross-over, and if I'm correct, a blocked J3 can be followed up with a B1u2 on block. If the B1 starter is not blocked, the opponent can be launched back into the corner from sword spin and follow up with another F3.

If I had a means of recording this concept to share it I would. I JUST NOW found this out and thought it would be a neat thing to share with the DS community for my first post.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
From my testing, F3 actually doesn't give enough time to Ji3 without the opponent being able to reversal or dash out sadly. Also, Spin in the corner doesn't give you any frame advantage whatsoever.

I use something similar.

After a hard knockdown in the corner you basically have a shit load of options.

You have:

F3, B1, B2, D1, and all three Jump Forwards which can hit forwards or backwards depending on your timing.

What you are describing is cross up jump forward into a interactable setup. Which was extremely viable when the game first came out because wakeup attacks were brutally hard. Now this tactic is not as viable as it once was because wakeup attacks are easy. I used to do this a lot actually before bomb damage got scaled so it free 50% combos for those few magic months when the game was first out.

So now this setup tech is more character specific because it will work on characters that do not have a wakeup that moves them away from the interactable or stops cross up attacks.

So Flash, Batman, BlackAdam, Shazam, Dstroke, Sinestro, Superman, Frost, GA, Doomsday, Bane, Grundy, Lobo... etc list does on and on of characters that can deal with this tech just by spamming a wakeup attack.

A few matchups in particular this still could work on would be Green Lantern, Joker, Aquaman....

Basically you frame trap with crossup J3 and use frame advantage to activate a bomb or whatever other intractable you are around. The problem with any interactable that leaves you near the opponent is they can armor through it and full combo punish. You trade 18% for %50 so your specific setup is flawed from that standpoint. (I'm assuming you are talking about the electric turbine setup and not the laser eyes on the robot head).

But if they cannot meter through it, or the interactable moves you away, and they don't have the wakeup attack or execution to beat it the setup its extremely viable.

Just from my experience though armor F3 is much safer corner pressure tool.

You should devise punishes for each wakeup attack that only moves the opponent but does not stop the crossup. Then get really good at hit confirming J3 then this could be actually viable on bomb setups.

SLH7671

From my testing, F3 actually doesn't give enough time to Ji3 without the opponent being able to reversal or dash out sadly. Also, Spin in the corner doesn't give you any frame advantage whatsoever.

Did I say it did? LOL if I did, I didn't mean to. Whoops. But as I said, I've just taken bits and pieces of things I've learned.

SLH7671

I use something similar.

After a hard knockdown in the corner you basically have a shit load of options.

You have:

F3, B1, B2, D1, and all three Jump Forwards which can hit forwards or backwards depending on your timing.

What you are describing is cross up jump forward into a interactable setup. Which was extremely viable when the game first came out because wakeup attacks were brutally hard. Now this tactic is not as viable as it once was because wakeup attacks are easy. I used to do this a lot actually before bomb damage got scaled so it free 50% combos for those few magic months when the game was first out.

So now this setup tech is more character specific because it will work on characters that do not have a wakeup that moves them away from the interactable or stops cross up attacks.

So Flash, Batman, BlackAdam, Shazam, Dstroke, Sinestro, Superman, Frost, GA, Doomsday, Bane, Grundy, Lobo... etc list does on and on of characters that can deal with this tech just by spamming a wakeup attack.

A few matchups in particular this still could work on would be Green Lantern, Joker, Aquaman....

Basically you frame trap with crossup J3 and use frame advantage to activate a bomb or whatever other intractable you are around. The problem with any interactable that leaves you near the opponent is they can armor through it and full combo punish. You trade 18% for %50 so your specific setup is flawed from that standpoint. (I'm assuming you are talking about the electric turbine setup and not the laser eyes on the robot head).

But if they cannot meter through it, or the interactable moves you away, and they don't have the wakeup attack or execution to beat it the setup its extremely viable.

Just from my experience though armor F3 is much safer corner pressure tool.

You should devise punishes for each wakeup attack that only moves the opponent but does not stop the crossup. Then get really good at hit confirming J3 then this could be actually viable on bomb setups.

Thanks for the info, but like I said: I'm no pro, I went and put it on different characters and kinda figured that out later. But I guess I was just tickled shitless to the idea of it. I could have swore after a blocked F3 you could J3 cross-over. But I may have been wrong considering I had no way of going online and testing it out considering my GOLD ran out on XBL.