What's new

General/Other A Bunch of Problems ...

JavierDavila

ALWAYS an uphill battle...
I was hoping to get some help from the most experienced Sub players, i'm having a hell of a time with certain characters and certain moves:

-Is there anyway to escape or avoid Nobb's reset ?!
-How the hell one beats a good Scorpion!!!
-Smoke... What do you guys do when as soon as he finishes a combo, he whiffs his teleport and starts pressuring you, all over again?!

Thank you !!!

- Yes you can avoid Noobs reset. What you want to do is tech roll (recover), and jump the shadow clone if he throws it at you.
- Give the scorpion and sub zero character forums a read, they have many tips and strategies there.
- If smoke abuses this make him respect the wakeup attack! Once he does it's a guessing game for him as well!

NKZero

Noob
What GodsLonelyman said for the first and last question. As for the Scorpion match, I always thought it was disadvantage to Sub Zero despite others believing otherwise. Scorpion can get most of the cast to jump (because of fear of hellfire). Sub Zero is not one that wants to be jumping around to avoid Scorpion's moves. Once you get Sub Zero out of his comfort zone, he's toast.

The best thing to do in this match D4 him to death (watch out for a well spaced B2) and try and apply as much pressure as possible. Also place clones and go in front of them so that he can't teleport. Therefore you can spam some ice balls while giving no option for Scorpion to teleport, and you will win ice ball/spear trades.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Scorpion is one of those characters where you just have to guess right in the vortex, that's it. You can throw snowballs to trade with all of Scorpion's projectiles. You may not get any real trade of hellfire, but Sub Zero pressure > Scorpion defense. Sub Zero defense > Scorpion's offense. Scorpion has to turtle and make reads. So stay safe, pressure as much as you can, and abuse D4. Watch for wake up tackle and you're golden. Solid 5-5 MU

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Not sure on how to deal with Noob other than to dash block or time your jumps...

As for Scorpion, trade ice with spear so you can get in and start up your D4 21 etc pressure. Also, keep an eye out for his teleports. If you see that it's the enhanced version coming then D4 him, if you see it's the regular... block it and 22 freeze B12 212 slide him.

I have problems with Smoke myself... I fail to see how it's an even match. Maybe I'm just playing it wrong... I could also use some advice on this one.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
If smoke abuses this make him respect the wakeup attack! Once he does it's a guessing game for him as well!
Smoke can jump over Sub-Zero after the teleport, and punish the slide with a Smoke Bomb. A clone will just whiff. There is nothing Sub-Zero can do about it except stay lying on the ground so any attempted grab or B2 3 will whiff. Keep your defense up.

MK Kobra

Noob
Smoke can jump over Sub-Zero after the teleport, and punish the slide with a Smoke Bomb. A clone will just whiff. There is nothing Sub-Zero can do about it except stay lying on the ground so any attempted grab or B2 3 will whiff. Keep your defense up.
You can njp smoke if he crosses you up after a whiffed teleport. I've done it before.

Little tip against smoke

Delayed D4 will hit him during wakeup cloud animation, it helped me a little, at least he`ll take this 3% dmg on every wakeup cloude. Its hitting him in max range D4 so i dont think u can pressure him easily

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Little tip against smoke

Delayed D4 will hit him during wakeup cloud animation, it helped me a little, at least he`ll take this 3% dmg on every wakeup cloude. Its hitting him in max range D4 so i dont think u can pressure him easily
Try a delayed F4. Works as well.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Not sure on how to deal with Noob other than to dash block or time your jumps...

As for Scorpion, trade ice with spear so you can get in and start up your D4 21 etc pressure. Also, keep an eye out for his teleports. If you see that it's the enhanced version coming then D4 him, if you see it's the regular... block it and 22 freeze B12 212 slide him.

I have problems with Smoke myself... I fail to see how it's an even match. Maybe I'm just playing it wrong... I could also use some advice on this one.
Smoke is a game of chess based on spacing. You have to find the distance that he can't walk backwards and then b2,3 you. Also keep in mind that clones are more of a bait tool... not something you can just throw out because you feel the need. He can teleport punch or more importantly, smoke bomb you on a reactionary read.
Good thing is that he has a larger hit box, so using all of Sub's "pressure" strings will work without fail. I strongly suggest not using a block string into clone... as that stops all momentum and is really just not good spacing. I'd rather eat a d1 then let him slip away. Just make sure you don't fall into easy patterns. Once you get smoke into the corner, the advantage is heavily in your favor. He can "smoke" out... so be ready to jump back kick to keep him locked in there.
I don't suggest jumping much unless you read a smoke bomb. Your standing 2 is much faster than any of his normals, and your d4 is faster and better for footsie, but don't whiff it... you'll eat a b2,3 and possibly a reset into death.

JavierDavila

ALWAYS an uphill battle...
Every time i try to njp smoke after he tries to jump over me, he simply does an air throw, if i stand block, he grabs me, and if i crouch block i get comboe'd to death , sucks !! It's the biggest guessing game ever.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Every time i try to njp smoke after he tries to jump over me, he simply does an air throw, if i stand block, he grabs me, and if i crouch block i get comboe'd to death , sucks !! It's the biggest guessing game ever.
Ok this I see and hear a lot. You have to quit jumping against smoke. If he does his BnB 3,d1,2 he gets a free d1. That gives him the d1 or jump mixup. Ok that is just a fact. What you have to do is watch to see if he throws out a Smoke Bomb after the d1. You can 2,2 to keep him out of the air.. because of the huge hit box. Sometimes I just guess that they'll jump and after 2,2 right after the string. It is just part of Smoke's game that you have to deal with and figure out. It is a pain.

I realize that online... cross ups are free for him. You just don't have enough time to let go of block and AA him. Sometimes you have to tip your hat if he can stay on you and cross you up. Remember... if all else fails... use a bar of meter and exSlide to get him off of you. It is better than using two bars for a breaker.