What's new

General/Other - Takeda 8f d1 and 9f jab

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Am I overreacting or is this actually a big deal?

I mean I would have preferred a 6f d1 but at least he has a counterpoke game now.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Yeah I dropped him for a while because I couldn't work around the slow normals and terrible corner game. I'm more experienced now so I'll defo give him another try.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
It's good but I don't think it's enough overall still, I just feel like he needs one more big thing is all.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
I have been using D1 with great results compared to the D3 we have been used to since launch.. lol... Its a good improvement IMO

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I am SO damn excited about this change, in my noobish opinion, the only thing I felt Takeda was really lacking was a way to counter pressure.. If I got caught, I had no options but to try to guess right and hope, this isnt a free "I win" button it gives me a CHANCE.

Its always felt like, against certain characters, I had to force them to make several mistakes to win, but if I made ONE, it was lights out. This gives me some hope that if I screw up once, i dont throw the whole round away over it.

Now, if the damn patch would ever hit PC so I could test the changes... Im so salty right now I could cook the fries at McDonalds.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
I'll say this. The Takeda's who took the time to learn the character before this buff are going to appreciate this buff alot more than the newer Takeda players. Having to play without a poke and with a slow punish makes having a poke feel like a whole plethora of possibilites just opened up.. Having a 9 frame punish after punishing with an 11/12 frame move feels like cutting butter.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
As long as B21 doesn't hit opponents in the air he can't really keep someone out that easily, there's much better zoners.
F1 2+4 is a good anti air if you predict their jumps ins accordingly... I think the combination of F1 2+4 and B21 can definitely intimidate opponents from rushing in too recklessly when used correctly...

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
F1 2+4 is a good anti air if you predict their jumps ins accordingly... I think the combination of F1 2+4 and B21 can definitely intimidate opponents from rushing in too recklessly when used correctly...
seems like that would be slow, if I want to stop a jump in I usually use df1 in lasher or NJP (ofc if i'm not using lasher I can't df1)
It's just if I start a b21 as someone begins a jump i'm fucked and the get the jump in, it's a bit silly imo considering how big the arc on the animation is it just phases right through them :p

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
seems like that would be slow, if I want to stop a jump in I usually use df1 in lasher or NJP (ofc if i'm not using lasher I can't df1)
It's just if I start a b21 as someone begins a jump i'm fucked and the get the jump in, it's a bit silly imo considering how big the arc on the animation is it just phases right through them :p
F1 2+4 alone definitely isn't the fastest tool, and if used on reaction based on your opponents movements you can get punished... Predicting their jump/rush in patterns and using it preemptively (with a Kunai ender) to either continue another F1 2+4 Kunai string or the B21 Kunai string is a good way to mix them up...

Also after a few mixup strings, feel free to use F1 2+4 teleport D2 instead of the Kunai ender for a nice chunk of damage (25% I believe)...