What's new

8/21 Gaming ETC Stratford CT

[8/21/2011] MK9/AE/MVC3 @ Gaming ETC Stratford CT

Hey guys were back again for another hype tournament at Gaming ETC. Last time we had a pretty awesome tournament and I expect to even have more people this time. We will be raffling off games again just to show our <3 for you guys

When: August 21st
where: Gaming ETC 555 Lordship Blvd Stratford CT 06614
Starts: 3pm
Venue Fee: $5 (unless you were at the lock in)
Games: MK9, AE, and MVC3
Tournament fee: MvC3 and AE are $10, MK9 at the local scene request is $20

So once again guys come on down and get some practice in before Summer Jam, expect to see everyone who came last time again and new faces

Hey guys were back again for another hype tournament at Gaming ETC. Last time we had a pretty awesome tournament and I expect to even have more people this time. We will be raffling off games again just to show our <3 for you guys

When: August 21st
where: Gaming ETC 555 Lordship Blvd Stratford CT 06614
Starts: 3pm
Venue Fee: $5 (unless you were at the lock in)
Games: MK9, AE, and MVC3
Tournament fee: MvC3 and AE are $10, MK9 at the local scene request is $20

So once again guys come on down and get some practice in before Summer Jam, expect to see everyone who came last time again and new faces

A few questions:
What is the venue?
why is MK9 more money than the other 2 games?
Whats the price/payouts?
Where would one register?
What systems are you running = ps3 or xbox?
What are restrictions on DLC if any?

Thanks

A few questions:
What is the venue?
why is MK9 more money than the other 2 games?
Whats the price/payouts?
Where would one register?
What systems are you running = ps3 or xbox?
What are restrictions on DLC if any?

Thanks

Sweet questions and glad to answer

The venue is a tournament center (sounds weird I know) they mostly concentrate on card, board and table top games(magic, d&d and warhammer). Ive been working with them to develop the video game portion of the tournament center.

The last couple of tournaments have been 8 man round robins for just mk9 while the other games have had 32+ entrants. They want to feel rewarded for the time invested practicing and for coming out to play. They asked me to raise the tournament fee to $20 but if more people show up and want it to be $10 we can do that as well

Standard tournament payout 100% of pot going 70/20/10

You would just register in person at the store, I'd appreciate if you posted here and let me know if you were coming or you can pm me. I usually only post on www.shoryuken.com but I am trying to help the MK scene we have in ct expand more. We have that I know of in the stratford area 6-8 hardcore players a couple who just started to pick it up and are learning so its coming along

We are running the tournaments on xbox 360 with the asus vh236h monitor we have 8-10 setups(if the majority preference is to play on ps3, ill try to see if i can get enough consoles to switch it over)

There are no restrictions on the dlc

On a side note we are there every sunday for casuals and the guys usually do like a small $5-$10 dollar round robin if you would like to come down this weekend

I'd like to make it out to this, but Sundays are a difficult day to go to Connecticut. If my flag football team makes the playoffs I won't be there, but if they're eliminated I will (or if there's a bye week, I don't know exactly when the bye weeks are).

Sweet questions and glad to answer

The venue is a tournament center (sounds weird I know) they mostly concentrate on card, board and table top games(magic, d&d and warhammer). Ive been working with them to develop the video game portion of the tournament center.

The last couple of tournaments have been 8 man round robins for just mk9 while the other games have had 32+ entrants. They want to feel rewarded for the time invested practicing and for coming out to play. They asked me to raise the tournament fee to $20 but if more people show up and want it to be $10 we can do that as well

Standard tournament payout 100% of pot going 70/20/10

You would just register in person at the store, I'd appreciate if you posted here and let me know if you were coming or you can pm me. I usually only post on www.shoryuken.com but I am trying to help the MK scene we have in ct expand more. We have that I know of in the stratford area 6-8 hardcore players a couple who just started to pick it up and are learning so its coming along

We are running the tournaments on xbox 360 with the asus vh236h monitor we have 8-10 setups(if the majority preference is to play on ps3, ill try to see if i can get enough consoles to switch it over)

There are no restrictions on the dlc
Cool thanks,
Currently only playing on PS3 and dont have stick modded for XBOX play yet. So if you find the games going the route of ps3, let me know. ME and my friend will come if that's the case.

Thanks.

Cool thanks,
Currently only playing on PS3 and dont have stick modded for XBOX play yet. So if you find the games going the route of ps3, let me know. ME and my friend will come if that's the case.

Thanks.
the store has 2 te sticks in pristine condition we let people use who dont have 360 sticks like in your case and noone has a problem loaning their stick. Like I said if you want you can come this Sunday and meet the krew

M

MayorMcJustin

the store has 2 te sticks in pristine condition we let people use who dont have 360 sticks like in your case and noone has a problem loaning their stick. Like I said if you want you can come this Sunday and meet the krew
I see what you did there. Krew instead of crew. Nifty. lol. If I need to ill bring my ps3, but i think the storejust picked up 2 ps3s the other day.