What's new

Question 76% Reset, Does it really work though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a reset, yeah it works. I've tested this though and ice puddle can be crossed up (but not ex ice puddle). It also takes 55 frames to start up, enough time to react to. You're honestly better using B2 on wake up. It's also old tech. Just sayin'.

xTHUGx

Noob
Easily beaten by a move with armor aint it? After subzero does 2,1 and lets the opponent on the floor. It leaes subzero vulnerable. Also he had wakeup attacks off.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
What if Scorpion did a regular wake up attack? Like Takedown? EX Takedown certainly beats that.
What if Scorpion tech rolled?

I've actually tested njp, B1 2, 21 into ice puddle and it is possible to get a guaranteed ice puddle. Pretty tough though. Obviously wake up attacks will either snuff it out or go through the B2 because of invincibility. Roll will also escape it.

21 into ice puddle can be crossed up though.

Altaire

Noob
What I find really silly is that this is considered a reset, and not an infinite.

Yes, I realize it doesn't work at all, but he's operating under the assumption that it does. If this "reset" actually worked, why wouldn't you just... I don't know, go back into the same combo into the same ground freeze reset, every time, for the infinite?

My head hurts just thinking about this. People really need to give up on the ground freeze gimmicks already.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
I think players just want to find some type of use for it.At least they're optimistic in just trying to make their character better.Nothing wrong with that.

Error

DF2+R2
I now want to post Ermac's training mode "infinite" consisting of 3, 1, 2 jump in punch and repeat.:dance:

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Easily beaten by a move with armor aint it? After subzero does 2,1 and lets the opponent on the floor. It leaes subzero vulnerable. Also he had wakeup attacks off.
Any wake up attack will beat it, as will tech rolls as tom said.

Ravox

Winter is Coming...
Isn't this the SAME ''reset'' that I posted?

You guys really should see the threads. I don't know why Storms open another thread for that.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
He probably just wanted to confirm and see our reaction before posting it at front page.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
i posted this a long time ago and im sure some other people did too but this was back in the reset days so noone needed this.. still this haaaardly ever works.. might work once but ive been destroyed a lot of times when tryhing this

What I find really silly is that this is considered a reset, and not an infinite.

Yes, I realize it doesn't work at all, but he's operating under the assumption that it does. If this "reset" actually worked, why wouldn't you just... I don't know, go back into the same combo into the same ground freeze reset, every time, for the infinite?

My head hurts just thinking about this. People really need to give up on the ground freeze gimmicks already.
Ground freeze gimmicks? Why would people give up on trying to use one of their specials? It's a terrible move to begin with so you NEED those "gimmicks" to use it effectively.

Panque

Random foreign guy
Ground freeze gimmicks? Why would people give up on trying to use one of their specials? It's a terrible move to begin with so you NEED those "gimmicks" to use it effectively.
Altaire just likes to call people out on every topic for some reason, but he is right about this one, you can't use puddle effectively through this, Unless you surprise your opponent, which is hard considering the 55 frames on ice puddle. Can win a few matches for you, but will lose you a ton as well.

Thats not my idea of making a move useful.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Roll? Wakeup?

This will not work unless you train your opponent to stay on the ground after a combo and vs sub, that isn't going to happen...ever.

Altaire just likes to call people out on every topic for some reason, but he is right about this one, you can't use puddle effectively through this, Unless you surprise your opponent, which is hard considering the 55 frames on ice puddle. Can win a few matches for you, but will lose you a ton as well.

Thats not my idea of making a move useful.
Sorry, when I said "effectively" I meant more effective than throwing a puddle by itself. You may catch someone every once in a while with the "reset" but it will definitely beat a stand alone puddle in ALL cases.

rdw

Be cool...
If you do the puddle after the b12 its not techeable... oponent will have to JUMP or wakeup attack.. still gueto but its cool to beat newbs online

MK Kobra

Noob
I was actually able to do this pretty consistently yesterday. Yeah it's escapable, but it's worth a try if you condition your opponent to not do wake-ups. Also, it might catch people off gaurd since it is mid-string. Wasn't doing it against scrubs either.

I was actually able to do this pretty consistently yesterday. Yeah it's escapable, but it's worth a try if you condition your opponent to not do wake-ups. Also, it might catch people off gaurd since it is mid-string. Wasn't doing it against scrubs either.
People fall for it because they've never seen it. I've done it to people that have caught on mid match and got out of it. You can probably use it a few times in the match if your lucky and your opponent doesn't have good reactions...

MK Kobra

Noob
People fall for it because they've never seen it. I've done it to people that have caught on mid match and got out of it. You can probably use it a few times in the match if your lucky and your opponent doesn't have good reactions...
Yeah obviously lol. No one is saying use it all match, but it's a cool trick to use once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.