What's new

7 members, 88 guests... O.o

RoGE

Noob
What the hell are you all looking at?
bots are piling up from the looks of it. 63 are viewing this forum as I speak.

Don't forget there are people that use this site that aren't registered. It's more than just a forum. There are links to UMK's combo videos and character guides all over the web.

RoGE

Noob
Don't forget there are people that use this site that aren't registered. It's more than just a forum. There are links to UMK's combo videos and character guides all over the web.
I thought they would not even count as guests if there not even in the forum.

ZAQ

Noob
I'm very surprised by how much these web crawlers scan sites.

That just shows you how truly massive and powerful those companies are.
For every search that you perform on Google, 12 cents of revenue is generated. Not to mention they have knowledge of most of the www.Internet at their disposal.

I'm sure that this will come to light in the future, because in a sense they could potentially be stealing content from your site that isn't displayed to the general public and they are in fact stealing from you. Bandwidth that you pay good money for at the very least.

I have noticed a slowdown of the site this week too.

dreemernj

Ambassador
See where it says most users online? Right now its 123. About 110 of them were bots, lol.

A lot of bots scan the site, but in general the only swarm of bots are Yahoo crawlers. Googlebot usually looks at 1 or maybe 2 things at once and usually there is a googlebot appearance at least once every 2 or 3 hours. Other bots usually are 1 at a time and less frequent. And then there's yahoo's crawler which has anywhere for 10 to 80 connections that seem to be nearly constantly connected. I wish they used a more discreet IP range that I could just ban. Right now they use 74.6.* and 72.30.*.

And the worst part is the yahoo crawler targets the search page. I had to make it so only registered users could search the forums just because the Yahoo Crawler was killing the site with a constant stream of search requests.