What's new

6 hit combo my ass

Bo_DK

Noob
I really hate mk2´s sweeping and the insane range it has.

I played a random guy today (not really random, it was arryscorpuss guy) and the only hits he got on me was jumpkick-sweep. Jumpkick-sweep wich is unblockable and extremely annoying to me. After a few matches he took it took the next level and started a series of sweep combos. Sweep, sweep, sweep, constantly sweeping and i found my selv not able to block most of them. Now the most ridicouless part was he did one sweep and then it was "FINISH HIM" and he keept sweeping for a 6 hit combo without it counted a finishing blow.
I just sat there staring at the screen with my mind blown away...

6 hit sweeping combo....

How the F... is that posible? Has mk2 always been like that, infinite sweeping combos? cause i never saw that before.
Im still in schock here. Did arryscorpuss practise so hard in sweeping that he evoloped such a skill to do infinites?

It´s a shame this game is so old, because that shit really need to be fixed imo...

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Until they are at a certain frame of getting up, the game doesn't count them as recovered yet even though they can block. So the game didn't count the sweeps as the finishing hit, they were still in recovery as far as the game engine was concerned.

The constant sweeping was a taunt to you that he beat you with sweeps, I'd be mad lol

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Bo_DK said:
I really hate mk2´s sweeping and the insane range it has.

I played a random guy today (not really random, it was arryscorpuss guy) and the only hits he got on me was jumpkick-sweep. Jumpkick-sweep wich is unblockable and extremely annoying to me. After a few matches he took it took the next level and started a series of sweep combos. Sweep, sweep, sweep, constantly sweeping and i found my selv not able to block most of them. Now the most ridicouless part was he did one sweep and then it was "FINISH HIM" and he keept sweeping for a 6 hit combo without it counted a finishing blow.
I just sat there staring at the screen with my mind blown away...

6 hit sweeping combo....

How the F... is that posible? Has mk2 always been like that, infinite sweeping combos? cause i never saw that before.
Im still in schock here. Did arryscorpuss practise so hard in sweeping that he evoloped such a skill to do infinites?

It´s a shame this game is so old, because that shit really need to be fixed imo...
I've done this countless times. If you hit the guy with a sweep to win the match, you can keep sweeping him to infinity (or at least until the text displays on the screen saying you win.)

Bo_DK

Noob
Konqrr said:
Until they are at a certain frame of getting up, the game doesn't count them as recovered yet even though they can block. So the game didn't count the sweeps as the finishing hit, they were still in recovery as far as the game engine was concerned.

The constant sweeping was a taunt to you that he beat you with sweeps, I'd be mad lol
I wasent mad at all, i was in shock. Besides, i won most of the fights so if he did it to taunt me, it had no effect what so ever.
If the only way he could win was by sweeping then by all means do it, im stupid enough to keep getting my ass caught in that.

Even if i could infinite sweep i wouldnt do it , i have more self respect than that, i felt guilty as it is performing the infinite ninja roundhouses, i might try the jumpkick n leg sweep more though (but not spamming it)

Bo_DK

Noob
drummistjoey said:
Even if i could infinite sweep i wouldnt do it , i have more self respect than that, i felt guilty as it is performing the infinite ninja roundhouses, i might try the jumpkick n leg sweep more though (but not spamming it)
Thank you. If only more players were playing this game to have fun and not only to win at any cost and anoy the other player. This world would be a much happier place. :)

I find it kinda funny. I personally do it with the shang tsung elbow in the corner going into the finish him screen. You get like 5 elbows in a row before the person falls over dead. Cracks me up.

Bo_DK

Noob
IceyTruth said:
I find it kinda funny. I personally do it with the shang tsung elbow in the corner going into the finish him screen. You get like 5 elbows in a row before the person falls over dead. Cracks me up.
Funny, i might be double morale here but i love doing that too. With any character. But it´s different because you can block the elbow and get out of it, but sweeping is just overpowered i think.

I suppose the elbow move might be ok as its difficult enough to back them into the corner in the first place, and since shang Tshung alone dosent have any proper projectiles, the elbow spams ok :p

Sweeps are always blockable. I guess it's possible to land a very deep jk and juggle your opponent with a sweep, but that's it. The finishers are a different story.