What's new

6/23 GVN 2D fighters mania. 3S, MVC2, CVS2, UMK3, more

The GVN Philly Challenge will be held Saturday June 23rd, 2007 at the Virtual Rush Cyber Cafe in Media, PA. In the Granite Run Mall Parking Lot.

Registration will begin at 10am. The show will begin at 1pm noon. Money matches may be held after the Tournaments. There will be no practice sessions held whil th tournament is being held. You can however get your practice in before the tournament starts.

Virtual Rush has 5 tv's and 2 PS2's and one Xbox. I will be bringing my PS2, xbox, 360, Nintendo 64 and 3 Dreamcasts so we can move through the tournament quickly and smoothly. It is kindly asked that people who are attending help out by bringing their consoles and extra TVs.

Games to be played:
Capcom vs SNK 2 - DC/PS2
Marvel vs Capcom 2 - DC
3rd Strike - DC/xbox/PS2(anybody got a copy for ps2???)
UMK3 - 360
GGXX Slash - PS2
KOF Neowave - Xbox (recently added)
Killer Instinct Gold - N64 (yes I know its broke and probably no one will play it but lets have some fun with this lost gem)

other possible games:
SSF2T
Fist of the north star

If you want to add a game please contact me at my email, [email protected]

Venue Information:

Virtual Rush
1145 W. Baltimore Pike
Media, PA 19063
www.virtualrush.net
610-565-9300

Use mapquest to locate if traveling by car.

Directions via train and bus from Center city Philly.

Catch the train at either 30th Street station, Market East, or either Suburban Station. Take the R3 train towards Media/Elwyn. Hop off the train at Elwyn station. Walk to the bus stop and take the northbound 117 bus. The next stop is to the granite run mall. Get off at the mall and walk to the AMC theatre. Virtual Rush is located behind the AMC theatre.

*Note* Virtual Rush is behind the AMC theatre in the granite Run Mall Parking. Not in the Mall itself.

Sponsor information:
http://gamingvisionnetwork.blogspot.com

Fees and tournament times:
Venue entry fee is $7($4 for VR Hosting, $3 GVN fee)
3S - $10, 1pm
CvS2 - $10, 3pm
MvC2 - $10. 5pm
UMK3 - $5, 7pm
KOF Neowave: $5, 7pm
GGXX Slash - $5, 9pm
KIG - $5, 9pm

Prize money will be divided:

1st place - 60%
2nd place - 20%
3rd place - 10%

The house will take 10% of the pot. Had a long talk with the VR people about having a multigame tourney and this is what we agreed to.

Rules are standard for all games unless specified.
-Double Elimination
-Default time
-Winner stays with character, Loser may change
-2/3 matches/rounds
-3/5 matches semis/finals
-Gill is banned (3S)
-Gargos is banned (Killer Insticnt Gold)
-Speed is set to normal (KIG)
-You may bring your own controller or arcade stick
-No programable/macro controllers/arcade sticks

I hope many people turn out for this and have a lot of fun.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
This is the ghetto one Battousai told me about that was posted on SRK a little while back. Thanks for getting it up here.

Ghetto? What makes it ghetto? This is a nice place and I run fun tournaments when they come together. BTW I'm not taking offense to that comment, just curious.

I was looking to partake in the UMK3 tourney anyway. I play a bit online here and there and I think I have a decent Kabal. I would like to get better by playing other good(probably better than me) players offline.

It's gonna be totally different then online.. I just realized how much button lag makes a difference earlier today when I was practicing my Kabal combos on Jax. :cry:

button lag is retarded... I got my cabinet up and running again and havent been online really since thursday, minus maybe 2 hours hehe.

Oh man I just realized one really big rule I left out. I've now added it to the main post.

-No programable/macro controllers/arcade sticks

I am hoping for a decent turnout. I am trying my best to attract people from shoryuken. It would help if there are other places I can goto to promote the tournament. Maybe you can point the way.

As for the venue its a nice place to hold tournaments. In fact everyone that has come to my events said so.

However I can only do so much since this is the first multi game tournament I have ever held.

the umk3 part and a couple of other games I am worried about. so far besides a few here no one is showing interests.

so far 10+ people are saying they are coming. A couple of them are bringing friends, so thats like at least 2 - 4 more people.

to be honest, besides paying for people to come to this tourney I have done just about all I can promotion wise. pm'ing people, posting in multiple forums, talking to and hoping that the best players might come and attract more if they came.

i'm relying on you guys now to hopefully show.

I need to know who is coming by this upcoming saturday or I'll have to cancel the UMK3 portion of the tourney. I'd really hate to do that.