Sabin

Elder God
"Guard Crush 18"

June 22nd, 2011 @ The Next Level

SSFIV: Arcade Edition
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Mortal Kombat

Live Stream: http://justin.tv/teamsp00ky

For updates on Guard Crush, follow us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Guard-Crush-Tournament-Series/139835179384100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where: The Next Level
4013 8th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11232
Directions by Train: Take the D to 9th Ave. The store is just 3 blocks away.

When: Wednesday June 22nd, 2011
Casuals and Registration begin at 4pm
SSF4:AE begins at 6pm
MVC3 begins at 7pm
MK begins at 8pm

Price:
$10 House Fee - paid by all people who enter the store. Whether you are participating or are a spectator
$10 Entry for MVC3 goes toward the pot
$10 Entry for SSF4:AE goes toward the pot
$10 Entry for MK9 goes toward the pot
$2 Stick/Controller Rental
Pot will be split 70/20/10 between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place respectively
<12 people means winner takes all
13-16 people means 70/30 split between 1st and 2nd place

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RULES: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

Double Jeopardy: Match switching is allowed to avoid double jeopardy situations as long as match switching doesn't bring forth another double jeopardy
Turbo: Not allowed
Stickless Sticks: Not allowed
Double KO: Results in no points for both players. They must replay that match.
Wireless controllers: BANNED. You are not allowed in the venue with a wireless controller. If we see you attempt to sync a controller, we will ask you to leave.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 on Xbox 360 - BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER/STICK
Sets will be 2/3 matches
LF amd WF are 2/3 (per Henry Cen) and GF are 3/5 matches with the guy coming out of losers in GF having to win 2 sets
All characters are allowed
Loser can switch their team
Winner must keep the same team with the same assists in the same order

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition on Xbox 360 - BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER/STICK
Sets will be 2/3 matches
LF amd WF are 2/3 (per Henry Cen) and GF are 3/5 matches with the guy coming out of losers in GF having to win 2 sets
All characters are allowed
Loser can change characters
Winner must stay with the same character but can switch Ultras if the opponent changes characters.

Mortal Kombat on Xbox 360 - BRING YOUR OWN KONTROLLER/STICK
Sets will be 2/3 matches
LF amd WF are 2/3 (per Henry Cen) and GF are 3/5 matches with the guy koming out of losers in GF having to win 2 sets
All Karacters are allowed
Loser can change Karacters
Winner must stay with the same Karacter

Brackets will be generated RANDOMLY. The top 8 players (4 players for MK) to show up based on past performance will be given seeds. Also, if you are traveling out of state, then you will be given priority as to not face someone you traveled with 1st and 2nd round. IF TRAVELING OUT OF STATE, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBLITY TO LET US KNOW ABOUT WHO YOU ARE AND WHERE YOU CAME FROM BEFORE WE START THE TOURNAMENT. Also, players on same teams or sponsorships will not be given priority in the bracket. We will not make sure that you guys avoid each other. Remember the brackets will be generated randomly outside of the seeds and out of state players. The tournaments that the seeds are based on is the CF AE tournament, GC14, GC15, GC16, GC17 SNS and SNS2. If those 4 players make it to top 8, then on the winners side, it should be number 1 seed vs number 4 seed and number 2 seed vs number 3 seed. Here are the current rankings and the formula used to come up with this:

Formula
1st - 10 points
2nd - 7 points
3rd - 5 Points
4th - 4 points
5th - 3 points
7th - 2 points

Points to be updated soon...
Do Work
Sob Less

Sabin

Elder God
I know most of you guys are PS3 players and thats the tourney standard (even tho xbox got patched) so if you guys need it on PS3 (and you are 100% going, please post here! Sorry for the late post.

I have a dual modded stick so the system doesnt matter for me.

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
i would come... but A) Im saving my money for this weekends tourney and B) last GC MK turnout WAS fairly dead.

PeeJaeys

Sabi
Why must I have school tomorrow (College Summer Classes =[). Why is it even held during the week though? Shouldn't it be on SAT, SUNs? And on top of all that misery, I have an xbox stick :fooman:

[MAD]I live mad close too fml[/MAD]

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
itll be dead if everyone has the same mentality as this but i see your point :( i hope you reconsider though.
in no way am i trying to naysay building the community art. its mainly my main point of saving my money for ECT3. Don't get me wrong. I love Henrys Cens place and I will definitely go to more GC's in the future. If i need to i could also bring my ps3. But im kinda tied up this week. And getting to NYC from Jersey isn't that expensive but tolls and gas do suck.

Sabin

Elder God
Hey dude I know. I'm not trying to put you on blast or anything man. Honestly MikeG came at me and asked me to post tihs event realllly late and it's on xbox so...it's a tough sell. If you can't come dont worry about it I understand!

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
Hey dude I know. I'm not trying to put you on blast or anything man. Honestly MikeG came at me and asked me to post tihs event realllly late and it's on xbox so...it's a tough sell. If you can't come dont worry about it I understand!
alright man. Anyway i hope to face you at ECT3 and i will be at future GCs.

Im going bringing 2 friends with me. Are you going to be there Sabin ?