What's new

Strategy 51% AA (From Ghana) 1 bar

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
A Ghana player named Mix-Up CJ brought this up to my attention a few weeks ago, he said to me:
"I wanted to see how far on damage with Skarlet i can go" and he explained how to perform this combo.

It costs one bar and builds exactly one on the opponent, i'm not in position to advice if we should use the combo or not, but i was able to dig up some variations of this combo for meterless midscreen and 55% in the corner with reset.

I can see this combo working right after they break and try to jump in, and they're caught on the U3, it has some requirements, a considerable height is necessary to use three U3s in a row and 23, rd~ex ds without dropping.

Anyway, i didn't record the others variations but i will put the description of them here maybe you will find useful.

All AAs

Midscreen
U3, U3, U3, iaD, F4 rd~ds, 2,3 rd~rs 49% If you replace with X-ray is 58% as i show on a old vid here:

Corner
U3, U3, U3, iaD, B11F4 ds, B11F4 ds, 1,1,2 55%

There is other ways of hitting 55% with B113, but i can't recall it now.

-Peace ppl, and have fun;) -

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Its good that such combo was found. However to get opponent caught so high its rare so its not kind of AA we will have the opportunity to land whenever someone jump in. As Edd said - it might work after opponent tries to jump forward after a breaker or so.
Thanks a lot Edd, really nice to have such AA in Skarlet arsenal.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Its good that such combo was found. However to get opponent caught so high its rare so its not kind of AA we will have the opportunity to land whenever someone jump in. As Edd said - it might work after opponent tries to jump forward after a breaker or so.
Thanks a lot Edd, really nice to have such AA in Skarlet arsenal.
I have caught this u3 that high very often. A good example is on a kitana trying to jk airfan. also when your opponent is in the corner or trying to jump out.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I have caught this u3 that high very often. A good example is on a kitana trying to jk airfan. also when your opponent is in the corner or trying to jump out.
I will travel to two different cities in this month to play some folks, so I will look into it. I am putting some execution work lately and going allover Skarlet so I'll try to apply this AA in real match pretty soon.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Eddy Wang

U3, U3, U3 air dagger, dash B2, red dash EX down slash, dash, 2, 3, red dash red slide 52% but requires opponent to be really high and up close to skarlet
no problem, might cook this up today and then see how consistent i can land it (since i can land the 51% pretty izzy now) ^^

i'm giving ya feed back late a few hours from here

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
It's not very consistent, just boosts her max damage by 1% :p
Well, just found a consitent version, and the conditions are the same as the 51% not need to be on top of skarlet.

U3, U3, U3(ad) 3~rd~:xds, 23, rd~rs 52% all the time without strict timing and more easy ^^;)

the Xcaling is the same as the B2

Flagg

Noob
A Ghana player named Mix-Up CJ brought this up to my attention a few weeks ago, he said to me:
"I wanted to see how far on damage with Skarlet i can go" and he explained how to perform this combo.

It costs one bar and builds exactly one on the opponent, i'm not in position to advice if we should use the combo or not, but i was able to dig up some variations of this combo for meterless midscreen and 55% in the corner with reset.

I can see this combo working right after they break and try to jump in, and they're caught on the U3, it has some requirements, a considerable height is necessary to use three U3s in a row and 23, rd~ex ds without dropping.

Anyway, i didn't record the others variations but i will put the description of them here maybe you will find useful.

All AAs

Midscreen
U3, U3, U3, iaD, F4 rd~ds, 2,3 rd~rs 49% If you replace with X-ray is 58% as i show on a old vid here:

Corner
U3, U3, U3, iaD, B11F4 ds, B11F4 ds, 1,1,2 55%

There is other ways of hitting 55% with B113, but i can't recall it now.

-Peace ppl, and have fun;) -
I've decided to give Skarlet another go. Its funny, because some characters like CSZ and Ermac I play better on a stick, but I just cant use her on a stick. On a Pad she fits like a glove! And that AA 51% combo looks very simple to do! I really like her, she's always been my favourite character and using her again has possibly rescued me from boredom of this game!

Man, she is just not very online friendly.

Great video Eddie!

Damn, that second video....blood ball plus teleport, 21% on its own??

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I've decided to give Skarlet another go. Its funny, because some characters like CSZ and Ermac I play better on a stick, but I just cant use her on a stick. On a Pad she fits like a glove! And that AA 51% combo looks very simple to do! I really like her, she's always been my favourite character and using her again has possibly rescued me from boredom of this game!

Man, she is just not very online friendly.

Great video Eddie!

Damn, that second video....blood ball plus teleport, 21% on its own??
Yes, on its own.

RedRaptor10 might just found the most damaging extender at the cost of 1 bar Skarlet might use, which is 3~rd~ex ds, or B2~rd~ex ds, the damage of both is the same in combos, but every single combo that by extending with 23~rd~ex ds would be over regular, with this new extender it does 1% more than the 23rd ex ds extender on every combo.

Flagg

Noob
Yes, on its own.

RedRaptor10 might just found the most damaging extender at the cost of 1 bar Skarlet might use, which is 3~rd~ex ds, or B2~rd~ex ds, the damage of both is the same in combos, but every single combo that by extending with 23~rd~ex ds would be over regular, with this new extender it does 1% more than the 23rd ex ds extender on every combo.
Not to derail the thread...but do you guys ever use her ex red dash like Kabals ex NMD/flash parry...instead of a up slash, down slash, or slide, you just go into more chip damage pressure or possible full combo if they tried to attack? It's obviously been awhile since I used her but she is such an in depth character.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Not to derail the thread...but do you guys ever use her ex red dash like Kabals ex NMD/flash parry...instead of a up slash, down slash, or slide, you just go into more chip damage pressure or possible full combo if they tried to attack? It's obviously been awhile since I used her but she is such an in depth character.
i do this all day bro, its the primary tool against well guarded players.

The part where i like to use Skarlet more is when i mix up spacing with blockstrings into spacing into Blockstringa again, its so godlike and give such a nice feeling.