What's new

50/50s?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
A situation where you have to guess whether you block high or low. If they go high and you block low... you guessed wrong.

NuSix3

Boob
Another noob question coming from me but what are 50/50s?
When you execute a move that has a 50/50 chance of succeeding. For example, if you time a launcher over a downed opponent hoping that he stands up into it when he could very well just use a wake up attack and knock you over would be an example of a 50/50. It's not always a 50% chance, but it's refered to as a 50/50 just the same.

FYI, I'm not sure if that will even work in MK considering wake-up attacks have invulnerability stages or armor that keeps them from getting hit. There is probably a more relevant example out there but i can't think of it. Either way it should answer the question.

what does it mean in this context for kabal? after any normal poke or string you can link in low saw blade or overhead tornado slam for a 50/50.

Dark_Rob

Noob
what does it mean in this context for kabal? after any normal poke or string you can link in low saw blade or overhead tornado slam for a 50/50.
The 50/50 is the mixup between the low saw and the overhead. You are forcing the opponent to guess which way to block. He has to block the saw low, but he has to block the overhead high. In essence he has to guess which way to block. He has a 50% chance of guessing right.

The 50/50 is the mixup between the low saw and the overhead. You are forcing the opponent to guess which way to block. He has to block the saw low, but he has to block the overhead high. In essence he has to guess which way to block. He has a 50% chance of guessing right.
ahhh this makes perfect since to me now thank you all for your help.