What's new

50/50s in MKX Tips on to deal with them

DJ SLICE 500

its time to confess those SinzZ!
this video is just mean talking about the 50/50 mechanics in mkx and what ive noticed when it comes to how the pros deal with them and some incite

omooba

fear the moobs
quick question. in the 'neutral' are you not guessing when they press a button? if you never guess right if they'll press a button you're gonna get mopped. what's the difference? strictly speaking between a toss up of overhead low and a toss up of press a button or nah.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
quick question. in the 'neutral' are you not guessing when they press a button? if you never guess right if they'll press a button you're gonna get mopped. what's the difference? strictly speaking between a toss up of overhead low and a toss up of press a button or nah.
I hope I'm understanding your question right. It's not really about guessing when it comes to neutral. It's more about knowing your opponents and your own options. Example, if your opponents furthest reaching normal goes farther than yours, you can step slightly into their range to bait it out. Then walk back so it whiffs, and punish. And if not punish, at least be able to get your pressure started.

omooba

fear the moobs
I hope I'm understanding your question right. It's not really about guessing when it comes to 50/50s. It's more about knowing your opponents and your own options. Example, if your opponents furthest reaching overhead goes farther than low, you can step slightly into their range to bait it out. Then walk back so it whiffs or block if unsafe, and punish. And if not punish, at least be able to get your pressure started.
still really confused :(

the reason this post in general is confusing for me is when i play other games that are not supposed to be as 50/50 heavy i still feel like i'm always guessing the difference is in mkxl i have to worry about a lot more options than in a game like street fighter but at it's core all these game still comes down to making reads and at it's core making reads is making an educated guess

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
still really confused :(

the reason this post in general is confusing for me is when i play other games that are not supposed to be as 50/50 heavy i still feel like i'm always guessing the difference is in mkxl i have to worry about a lot more options than in a game like street fighter but at it's core all these game still comes down to making reads and at it's core making reads is making an educated guess
Your edit of my post has me confused, but if you're talking strictly overheads and lows, usually one has more range than the other so the strategy still applies. Stay out of range of one option and then it's not really a guess anymore.

I play SFV & the anime fighters, and while there is guessing involved at times, it more comes down to character knowledge. However, I do agree MKXL does involve a lot more guessing than other fighters.