What's new

Video/Tutorial - Shotgun 50/50 options

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Thought this deserved its own thread. I have the AI set to jump and autoblock standing. For the second video, it IS possible to do b2-db2 to repeat the setup, but not if they block. Timing is hard.

^done incorrectly. Need to end first half of combo with 114db2. Just want to show that with proper timing, run b2-db2 can connect and leave then standing if they're blocking low or not at all.

If you catch someone with 114db2, you can just dash forward without having to actually run and you can easily repeat 114db2, which leaves them standing for further 50/50 options (b2-db2 overhead or 3bb-bf2-db2 low).

Last edited:

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yeah that will be ok for the first little while we are playing. The problem is that we low is telegraphed by the run after restand. Still might catch people with bad reactions off guard.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
you DO have to run up for both options :p either run in with b33 or b2.
Well I meant you have to be really close in order for b3 to hit. Not to mention how slow it is already, blocking high until it starts up isn't super hard for it. However like I said this is better than nothing and I'm going to go for using it lol. :)

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Quick Question. How do you know when to do the low gun shot after the bf2. I've been trying to get that for a while, but never got it.

And you people. You are the reason why I love this game and playing as Jacqui. She's definitely a character that makes me want to get better.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Quick Question. How do you know when to do the low gun shot after the bf2. I've been trying to get that for a while, but never got it.

And you people. You are the reason why I love this game and playing as Jacqui. She's definitely a character that makes me want to get better.
I personally have a lot of trouble with bf2,low shotgun also. i typically rely on jip,114,low shotgun or b2,low shotgun.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Almost immediately after the Bf2 allows you to shoot the Shotgun. You'll see the opponent is at their highest arc in the air when you input the low shot. It'll always hit on anyone when done at that time.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Almost immediately after the Bf2 allows you to shoot the Shotgun. You'll see the opponent is at their highest arc in the air when you input the low shot. It'll always hit on anyone when done at that time.
Thanks, I was just going to hope I land it, and move on from there

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Dust after B2 is all based on distance from your opponent and whether they are male or female.
B2~Dust wont restand and certain distances. Way to inconsistent to use in tournament matches imo. But I was never a betting man to begin with so....

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
b2-low shotgun works if you are far away enough from the opponent. If you're too close, they are knocked down.

Yes, you are correct. Does not work on females, but looks like it DOES work if you do ex-low shotgun instead. I need to experiment with more females :p

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
b2-low shotgun works if you are far away enough from the opponent. If you're too close, they are knocked down.

Yes, you are correct. Does not work on females, but looks like it DOES work if you do ex-low shotgun instead. I need to experiment with more females :p
I figured that out last night the hard way.

Jacqui is turning out to be something serious, and I love it