What's new

4k Resolution?

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
This may have been asked before, but I couldn't find anything via search.

Does anyone know if MK 11 going to be playable in 4k? Have the devs touched on this topic at all?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I hope it will have a 4K update at some point, I didn't buy a PS4 pro and a 4K TV for nothing. It's kind of ridiculous that they don't default to 4K textures, I mean I can play Black Flag, a game that was released in 2013, with a 4K update but not games that come out this year? It's beyond ridiculous.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I hope it will have a 4K update at some point, I didn't buy a PS4 pro and a 4K TV for nothing. It's kind of ridiculous that they don't default to 4K textures, I mean I can play Black Flag, a game that was released in 2013, with a 4K update but not games that come out this year? It's beyond ridiculous.
Black Flag is a last-gen game that'd be much easier to get up to 4K. A ton of Pro/X games are either upscaled 4K or not 4K at all, it's not really easy for modern AAA games to run at native 4K on consoles despite what the Pro and X claim to do.

Injustice 2 was 1440p on Pro, that much at least is guaranteed for MK11.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
MK11 is definitely going to be available in 4K. I remember Shaun Himmerick from NRS talking about this during the London Reveal, how sometimes they'd record gameplay of the game for the trailers, but then the video editing teams would tell them to go back and rerecord it with PS4Pro or OneX footage instead.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
MK11 is definitely going to be available in 4K. I remember Shaun Himmerick from NRS talking about this during the London Reveal, how sometimes they'd record gameplay of the game for the trailers, but then the video editing teams would tell them to go back and rerecord it with PS4Pro or OneX footage instead.
That doesn't mean it'll be running at native 4K, all the Pro and X guarantee you is some form of higher resolution than base consoles. Considering MK11 also has to run at a locked 60fps a native 4K doesn't seem too likely, although I could be wrong. Wouldn't expect anything above Injustice 2's 1440p personally, which already looks way better than base PS4. But they are running on UE4 now so they might be able to go a bit higher.

I mean it's gonna look much better than base consoles either way, but if it's specifically 4K OP's asking about, it could happen but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I recently upgraded to a PS4 Pro, and was thinking about purchasing a small 4k television. I may end up doing it anyway, even if MK 11 isn't native 4k, it'll probably look good nonetheless ^^

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I recently upgraded to a PS4 Pro, and was thinking about purchasing a small 4k television. I may end up doing it anyway, even if MK 11 isn't native 4k, it'll probably look good nonetheless ^^
It's guaranteed to be "Pro Enhanced" so yeah, it'll be fine.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Black Flag is a last-gen game that'd be much easier to get up to 4K. A ton of Pro/X games are either upscaled 4K or not 4K at all, it's not really easy for modern AAA games to run at native 4K on consoles despite what the Pro and X claim to do.

Injustice 2 was 1440p on Pro, that much at least is guaranteed for MK11.
Ah okay that makes sense. If IJ2 had that option I’m hopeful MK11 will too.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Console version will not run in native 4K@60 fps.

4K native resoultion will be on PC. It was even in MK X (and later in Injustice 2). Althou something in line of 1080 Ti / 2080 (GPU) will be req. to get stable 60 fps.

J_in_CA

Noob
No way this is in 4K on either the Pro or One X. Injustice 2 was enhanced for both consoles but wasn't anywhere near 4K for either and it still looked amazing on both. This game looks to be quite a bit more visually impressive than Injustice 2 so there is no way 4K is an option.

J_in_CA

Noob
I rather have HDR support like injustice. That made a huge difference imo.
I'm sure it'll have great HDR like Injustice 2 did, hopefully the default setting isn't so low. It'll be higher res than the base consoles too it just won't be 4k.