What's new

46% Damage Meterless Wall Combo (48% 1 bar - Sweep included)

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Well, there was me, playing Tag Training Mode, Sonya&Cage vs. Sonya&Cage, practicing some new matchups I found for my Main Tag Team for about 10 minutos. Everything was cool and all, and AI Johnny suddenly sweep'd me and then used a :d:FK, and it counted as a 2 hit combo. I COMPLETELY FORGOT THAT CAGE COULD DO THAT! I saw the thread about Cage's sweep here about 3 weeks ago, but I forgot to try it out.

After that, I came up with the best combo I could using the sweep. Here it is, Meterless and 1 Bar versions!

The great thing about the sweep is that it doesn't scale the combo that much, and has great damage. Also, it doesn't force the opponent to fall down faster like :l:fk does!

What do you guys think?

Oh yeah, probably it'll be patched sooner than we think, so use it as much as you can! LOL

EDIT
People are getting me wrong around here. *sigh*
I DON'T want the sweep into combo to be patched and I'm obviously not crying for a nerf, as it isn't OP at all, just plain awesome. All I'm saying is that it MAY be patched since I don't think a sweep is supposed to be used in a combo.
That's all folks! Calm down!

why would this be patched? this is a useless combo unless its for the win. the standard combo does 41% AND keeps the opponent standing. if you do 7% more but i can get out i would say "THANK YOU! PLEASE DO THIS SO I CAN GET OUT OF THE CORNER VS CAGE AND LIVE!" lol.. because being cornered by cage is literally game over.

Poto2222

I don't know about you guys, but I think a sweep isn't supposed to be used within a combo.

Just saying. I can see NRS adding some recovery frames for it any day.

Zebster

How's my volume?
I don't know about you guys, but I think a sweep isn't supposed to be used within a combo.

Just saying. I can see NRS adding some recovery frames for it any day.
So what if it isn't supposed to combo? It isn't overpowered, it doesn't need to be changed. Stop looking for things to be removed.

Poto2222

So what if it isn't supposed to combo? It isn't overpowered, it doesn't need to be changed. Stop looking for things to be removed.
Dude, I DON'T want it to be removed. All I'm saying is that it MAY be patched.
Chill out, man.

Also, QC isn't op at all and they keep nerfing him, so...

REYTHEGREAT

thats a sweet combo. imagine doing that online or to some1 who doesnt know about the sweep. they will be like, WTF! lol

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
That was a great combo

And no its not OP it requires precise timing and condition stop crying over awesome stuff and complain about things that are actually broken (Ermac)

Poto2222

thats a sweet combo. imagine doing that online or to some1 who doesnt know about the sweep. they will be like, WTF! lol
I think it happened to me once. Yesterday I was playing tag online, in my 2nd fight with that random guy I used Cage just as he did, and I did this combo for the win. After the first fight, my opponent selected "Yes" for rematch instantly, but after this one, he took like 4 seconds to make a decision.

I could imagine him saying "WTF WHAT HE JUST DID?". LOL

Zebster

How's my volume?
Dude, I DON'T want it to be removed. All I'm saying is that it MAY be patched.
Chill out, man.

Also, QC isn't op at all and they keep nerfing him, so...
It's just, people find stuff and immediately think it will be patched away, annoying.

kr3wman

Noob
corner : 21f2 b4 2 2 2 2 114 bd1 43%.

I'm trying to hit 44% into nut punch but I don't know how, not very good with Johnny.

kr3wman

Noob
corner : 21f2 b4 2 2 2 2 114 bd1 43%.

I'm trying to hit 44% into nut punch but I don't know how, not very good with Johnny.
you might be able to do 5 twos but it's probably stance specific and frame perfect.

I've been doing 21f2 2 2 2 2 2 2 114 bd1 for 42%.

without sweep, seven 2s into shadow kick (42%)/flash kick (43%) is possible, but flash kick and ex flash kick just makes them drop to the ground after the first hit and recover before you lol (ex makes you do the second part and whiffs it even though you hit them). Anyways, pretty useless, since, yeah, nut punch.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
you might be able to do 5 twos but it's probably stance specific and frame perfect.

I've been doing 21f2 2 2 2 2 2 2 114 bd1 for 42%.

without sweep, seven 2s into shadow kick (42%)/flash kick (43%) is possible, but flash kick and ex flash kick just makes them drop to the ground after the first hit and recover before you lol (ex makes you do the second part and whiffs it even though you hit them). Anyways, pretty useless, since, yeah, nut punch.
You can also do 21F2, B3, 2 2 2 2 2, 114, BD1 for 43%, or just do Four 2's for 42%. Getting 2's after sweep or 5/6 2's at a time can be tough for me, so the B3 helps mitigate that without sacrificing the damage.

kr3wman

Noob
You can also do 21F2, B3, 2 2 2 2 2, 114, BD1 for 43%, or just do Four 2's for 42%. Getting 2's after sweep or 5/6 2's at a time can be tough for me, so the B3 helps mitigate that without sacrificing the damage.
its not that tough once you get the timing to do the 2s as fast as possible. Combos after sweep are stance specific, sweep from a closed stance pops them lower. Or was it the other way around? I don't remember.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Yeah I just started working on Cage today, but the 2's are getting easier. I think I'll stick with the B3 instead of the sweep, though, since it's not going to be stance specific. One less thing to worry about...

Poto2222

I really would rather leave my opponent standing...
Well then, you can have 45% meterless on the corner and leave 'em standing, using the Nut Punch.

JPS, :bp:fp:r+:bp... :l:bk... :bp:fp:r+:bp... :bk:bk xx Nut Punch.

Effective as the combo shown in the video, and leaves your opponent standing! :popcorn:

Also, THIS COMBO IS NOT STANCE SPECIFIC!!! Combos after the sweep are only Stance Specific if you hit :l:bk when your opponent is on the ground! You can do any followup anytime when you hit the sweep while your opponent is in the air, e.g. after :bp:fp:r+:bp.

kr3wman

Noob
Also, THIS COMBO IS NOT STANCE SPECIFIC!!! Combos after the sweep are only Stance Specific if you hit :l:bk when your opponent is on the ground! You can do any followup anytime when you hit the sweep while your opponent is in the air, e.g. after :bp:fp:r+:bp.
they aren't, but the opponent does pop up lower on one of the stance.

kr3wman

Noob
Which stance? Back to screen or the opposite?
open stance pops them lower after a sweep. you have to mind moves like 21f2 and f4 make you automatically switch stance during it. A good visual cue is that sweeping someone in an open stance makes them fall on their back, while in a closed stance they fall on their face.

Combos after the b4 on the ground should be stance specific because a sweep from an open stance actually leaves your opponent in the air longer, but a sweep from a closed stance pops them higher.

or something. I have no idea how this game works.