What's new

43% 1 meter combo with Reptile thats actually EASY

Milkman

Reptile <3
shit this combo is not as easy as you say! Its giiving me hell. After the njp you say to get in to acid hand. are u saying take a step or dash the acid hand. it seems like you have a small window and distance as far as how far your juggle can fall and how far or close you need to be when acid hand hits. damn reptile for having slow move speeds lol.

Help me out milk, should i dash after njp or take a step before acid hand?
Ok you do not need to move at all after the njp, just execute the ex acid hand and then make one complete dash towards your oppenent, you have enough time for the full dash trust me. You will be able to connect the 3,2.

@Scoot

Just work on your timing to get the hit confirm part down. What I do is if they block the jump in punch, I assume they will block the 2 so I just automatically cancel into acid hand or slide instead of taking the risk. Your right about the other options thats what I love about Reptile, he is not limited to a few things. Just figured I'd drop this by the rest of the Reptile community.

Also, I have edited the OP.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I prefer these

JI2 2 ex fast fb NJP 32 slow fb 321 slide - 41%; 45% with ex invis

321 dash ex fast fb 32 slow fb 321 slide - 38%; 41% with ex invis

both are very simple!

In the event that I don't have meter for 321 dash I just use 2 34. Does about 26% and is safe, I find the timing on NJP outside of the EX FB too much of a gamble, I can do it 100% of the time with EX FB though.

GhosT

Noob
Thanks milk, ill try this when i get back home. Im willing to bet it was hard for me because i was moving in to acid hand, which no doubt was allowing the njp's juggle to drop further down which in turn left me with less time after the dash to 3 2. Ill work on it later. Thanks for the tip

I prefer these

JI2 2 ex fast fb NJP 32 slow fb 321 slide - 41%; 45% with ex invis

321 dash ex fast fb 32 slow fb 321 slide - 38%; 41% with ex invis

both are very simple!

In the event that I don't have meter for 321 dash I just use 2 34. Does about 26% and is safe, I find the timing on NJP outside of the EX FB too much of a gamble, I can do it 100% of the time with EX FB though.
on that first combo instead of JP 2 EX fb, try JP 3,2 EX fb. takes the combo to 43% for jus tthe extra button tap. also on the 3,2,1 whiff you can get a NJP on the tail of that also

GNG Iniquity

on that first combo instead of JP 2 EX fb, try JP 3,2 EX fb. takes the combo to 43% for jus tthe extra button tap. also on the 3,2,1 whiff you can get a NJP on the tail of that also
I'll check out the 3,2! Unfortunately on the 3,2,1, dash EX FB you can't throw a NJP in there, just ends the string. However, you can use a NJP in the 1,2,2 string also.

122 EX fast FB NJP 32 slow FB 321 slide - 37%; 41% with ex invis - this string sets up pretty easily without meter as well for 34%. Easiest NJP without meter that I'm aware of.

I'll check out the 3,2! Unfortunately on the 3,2,1, dash EX FB you can't throw a NJP in there, just ends the string. However, you can use a NJP in the 1,2,2 string also.

122 EX fast FB NJP 32 slow FB 321 slide - 37%; 41% with ex invis - this string sets up pretty easily without meter as well for 34%. Easiest NJP without meter that I'm aware of.
i already posted a 32exffb combo on here guys :p look on the first page

GhosT

Noob
Hey Milk, or anyone else who has got this down. This is a video of me failing miserably at the combo. I wanna say i must not be giving a full dash but idk. Take a look and maybe you can give some insight.

p.s dont make fun of my execution :)

GhosT

Noob
wow shortly after posting the vid on youtube i figured out im not waiting long enough in the dash.. I rarely ever regular dash with reptile so i was being impatient in wanting to get the string out. His dash is so slow i was probobly cutting off a 1/4 to 1/2 of his dash therefore missing the 32. I am getting a little better now, but please feel free to critique the video anyway.

*edit*

Been playing around with the combo in practice mode for around an hour now. I think it was already brought up that you can do the same combo but swap jump punch 2 with jump punch 122.. Im getting 42 instead of 43. But what gets me is it seems slightly easier or more forgiving on the timing side of things.

When i jump punch 2 into the combo im more likely to land the 3 kick and whiff the 2 punch. On the other hand with 122 i have a much higher success rate. The combo is so good im thinking this will be my BNB when i dont have to fear a breaker.

Play around with it and tell me if you think its easier with 122 or if its all in my head.

Thanks for the great combo Milk (im assuming you found this)

GNG Iniquity

i already posted a 32exffb combo on here guys :p look on the first page
Yeah, I'm gonna have to make a combo thread later, we need a separate thread for all this. It's a mess.

@Ghost: Just do the JI2 2 ex fast fb NJP 32 slow fb 321 slide the string is very simple and does the same amount of damage.

GhosT

Noob
I might have to go to the EX fastball cuz it seems like landing the jump punch online is at least 100 times harder online than offline. Even with what feels like no lag it just because impssible for me. The timing on it worse than the 321 whiff njp for me. and im not gonna spend two bars of meter on a combo so i guess the ex acid hand wont get much use from me when im onlne..

The NJP ioff the fastball is really pissing me off it should not be that hard.

GNG Iniquity

I might have to go to the EX fastball cuz it seems like landing the jump punch online is at least 100 times harder online than offline. Even with what feels like no lag it just because impssible for me. The timing on it worse than the 321 whiff njp for me.
The EX fastball is certainly the easiest to land the NJP on, the plain out fastball isn't too bad either. I've got them recorded in the trainer, I'll try to find some double As for my little flip cam later lol

try the NJP right after the whiff, something like this- 3,2,1 dash NJP (hold up after the input form dash) 3,2 Fast Fball 3,2 EX S forceball 3,2,1 slide

GhosT

Noob
The EX fastball is certainly the easiest to land the NJP on, the plain out fastball isn't too bad either. I've got them recorded in the trainer, I'll try to find some double As for my little flip cam later lol[

in training mode i land the njp 99.9% of the time without the ex ball.. take it online and i never get it to hit. Thats whats annoying for me. Its not like im still learning it, i have it completely mastered offline but online i cannot land it. Goes from being a sure thing to probobly gonna whif it which makes no sense.

I dont mind using the EX ball online to ensure i wont drop the combo, but in a situation where your under one bar it would be nice to land the njp off a regular ball you know? I think your only getting like 2-4% extra with the ex ball anyway. so for me theres not a big reason to use it other than it makes landing the NJP easier. which is sort of like copping out on the basic combo. Idk maybe i just need to keep working on it. i know once i get it consistently my reptile will level up tremendously, not having to use meter on a forceball thats guraneed to hit opens up meter for using slowballs to get inside and having meter for breakers and even more to have an xray to time projectiles and jumps with.

Milkman

Reptile <3
@GhosT Your welcome, you were correct about the video, you were not dashing in completely. Reptile's dash can be pretty deceptive haha. Online try pressing the punch button as soon as you realize Reptile is off the ground. By the time your reflexes acknowledge it, he will probably be at the correct distance. Inquity also posted some nice and simple combos that are good replacements to NJP combos.