What's new

4 more days - get hype for gamescom

so this was a really dry road. more than two months have passed between the initial announcement of mkx and the next big thing, gamescom. there was raiden at evo, but what? a 2 min tailer which has been analyzed to death, frame by frame over two weeks. and 2 pics of kano, who "might" be playable but no single additional word on that.

but now its over. i expect tons of new footage, at least 2 new chars and the reveal of the online mode. and maybe the possibility to get hands-on myself (followed by writeup of course). cant wait.

-I expect 1 char reveal, which is Kano probably… Gosh, I hate that dude.
-Info about the online thing they keep talking about.
-Some story facts
-News about TAG MODE ( probably confirm they ain't doing it again)
-Other gimmick non interesting game modes.
-JADE ( :D)

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
You guys think NRS is going to release all of this new info at GamesCon? lol. It's still 2014. We might get the official Kano reveal if we're lucky. It will probably be just more Raiden gameplay as they show off a new stage with its fatality. You guys may not remember MK9's pre-release Blue Ball Extravaganza, but I do. NRS put the stream of MK9 info under a vice grip. The only reason we knew even half the roster before release was because somebody leaked a character select screen a few weeks before release. Nobody had a clue Quan-Chi or Cyber Sub was in MK9 until that particular leak. Nobody knew Stryker would be in until the demo dropped and that teaser footage showed a very quick glimpse of him.

Boon will pay the same lip service towards the mysterious online mode as he has before, we will get more Raiden gameplay, and if we're touched by the grace of the Holy Spirit, a new character reveal. With that said, I'm excited to see a new stage with some more Raiden shenanigans. I hope they shed more light on Kotal Kahn too.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
probably, gonna be Kano's revelation and his 3 variations trailer clip, and that's all .... theoretically , NRS seems to be a bit more cautious this time in promoting and revealing details about the new MK game .... maybe they really did a better marketing program and will leak stuff only in the right time .... let's see if will be this way or not ..... :D

It's hardly been dry, though. Raiden and Kano are recent reveals. The over-analyzations that take place on message boards have a habit of sucking the thrills out of new info.

It's actually been pretty "wet" this summer. We had E3, Evo, and now Gamecom in a 3 month span. The dry months haven't even arrived yet.

About Gamescom, 2 reveals are possible, but one of those will probably be Kano, so brace yourself now if you think Kano and 1 new reveal is "dry". I also doubt they will reveal the online mode in August 2014; it's still very early.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
In the German magazine that they mentioned Kano they also mention Sonya, Lui Kang, and Johnny Cage. They also mention that Kotal Kahn is the predecessor of Shao Kahn.

So yea, I think we might get a healthy anoint of info and footage of at least Kano. Im still dying to hear about that online mode though.

I'm just hoping in terms of reveals, they just rush through the remaining returning characters; that way we can stop seeing the "this character NEEDS to be in MKX" threads and start getting hyped for new kontent.

Hopefully we get a new character reveal in addition to Kano.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
They already revealed Raiden and Kano, its only fair if they release two new characters to keep the masses occupied.