What's new

Question 4,3 and 4 blockstun ?

a_guardian_devil

"We share blood, we are not brothers!"
i remember someone mentioning something about the blockstun being better in 4 rhc than 4,3 rhc, can someone elaborate on that? how do i measure some move's blockstun?

a_guardian_devil

ive checked frame data alot and there is nothing stating blockstun , just wanna know what is a blockstun, coz 4 rhc seems faster and freezes them more than 43 rhc, could be wrong tho

ive checked frame data alot and there is nothing stating blockstun , just wanna know what is a blockstun, coz 4 rhc seems faster and freezes them more than 43 rhc, could be wrong tho
if you're in block stun then you're in negative frames or because of pushback. frame data shows block advantage which is what you're looking for. 4 is 4 frames faster than 4,3, but they're virtually the same

http://testyourmight.com/threads/general-mk9-frame-data-info.15988/

4,3 is -3 on block
4 is -4,
4,3 b4 is -4

all the advantage/disadvantages below are after an RH

1 - -4
1,1 - +1
1,2 - -3
2 - +2
2,4 - -1
3 - -8
3,3 - -5
4 - +2
4,3 - +2
D+1 - -22
D+3 - -21
D+4 - +3
B+2 - +2

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
i remember someone mentioning something about the blockstun being better in 4 rhc than 4,3 rhc, can someone elaborate on that? how do i measure some move's blockstun?
What up pimp. If you're trying to figure out how much advantage 4RHC, 4,3RHC or any RHC is on block you need look at the cancel advantage (block) of the normal from which you are canceling into and subtract the minimum duration of the Roundhouse. The minimum duration for example of the RH is 23 frames. That means that 23 frames is the absolute soonest time you can cancel out of the RH with a dash. The cancel advantage on block of 4 is +25 and so is 4,3. That formula is 25-23=2 which means you are now at +2. This is only if you dash out at the first possible frame. If you cancel 1 frame late you are only at +1. That's why it's really important for your Roundhouse cancels to be flawless. D3 has a cancel advantage of +2 so since 2-23=-21, you are now at -21 and can be full combo punished. You've probably seen Rains online before D3roundhouse canceling like jackasses and neither of you probably realized he could have been easily full combo punished. It's also important to know how much cancel advantage something has on hit. B2 for example has a cancel advantage(hit) of +39, which is why you can immediately dash into the 10 frame 4,3xxbubble combo with out interrption. Once again, that's if you cancel with precise timing. So since 39-23=16, you are at +16 which is why you have time to dash and land one of Rain's 3 10 frame starting combos. It's very easy to do in the corner. With the info blood sport gave you and the link Brownie posted you should able to figure everything out on your own so I'm not gonna list any more unnecessary numbers. Hope that helps homie.

a_guardian_devil

thanx alot reno thats really helpful, u see those things got me confused coz i was trying to find the best cancel on block where at least i can be neutral using noob's blackhole at the end of a blockstring, duration of blackhole says 49 so i guess there is no way, but upknee is +4, so technically doin b1 upknee (max range upknee according to reo's video) and then blackhole (13f -11= 2f) , but then again why the hell am i talking about noob in rain forum, lol thanx ma man

Lulzlou

Noob
Wow, I should have looked at the frame data for rain. No wonder I always get blown up when I try to do a b1 or f3 after a 4 or 43 rhc.
Yay for being curious about rain.