What's new

4/24/19 Emergency Kombat Kast Recap

With concerns popping up with various issues surrounding the initial launch of Mortal Kombat 11, this emergency Kombat Kast was called to address concerns. Items on the docket were fixes related to difficulty of Towers of Time, reward progression, and more.

Derek is back this week, 16 Bit is gone. So first thing they discussed this week was the difficulty of the Towers of Time. Very openly saying that they were "tuned to be too hard", the first initial fix they rolled out (in a hotfix that has already gone out) was reducing opponent health to be more in line with the usual game, with bosses maxing out at 1500. On top of that, the modifiers (like the homing missiles) now happen less often. For the future, with a proper patch, they will adjust the drop rate for rewards on top of some other fixes, like making the unblockable modifiers blockable. The patch with those changes are planned to come end of this week, beginning of next at the latest. The goal with everything is to give a broader spectrum of challenges, as opposed to just making everything easy.

Next up, they went over some details on the Krypt. So the Krypts are randomized for each player, with everyone getting the same 600 chests but in different locations. Certain special chests are static for everyone. So what you will get isn't random, but when you get it is.

Going out to everyone in part of the updates, everyone will get 500,000 coins, 500 hearts, 1000 souls, and 1000 time crystals. No immediate timeline as to when, but that's something to look forward to.

That's it for today. No talk about character changes/fixes, but that'll be coming later down the road. So yeah, go back to playing the game! Or work! Or whatever you were doing with your time right now!

Comments

Just turned on the game and got:

Your save game data "Player Settings" is damaged. This data may be deleted if you choose to kontinue. The Match Replays file may become inaccessible. Retry loading the save game data?

WTF!
Bump. Anyone else have this come up when turning on the game?

I checked all of my shit, and it seems my save quest so far has been intact.

But, it's a scary message!

Bump. Anyone else have this come up when turning on the game?

I checked all of my shit, and it seems my save quest so far has been intact.

But, it's a scary message!
It sounds like a little hiccup with one of the Hotfixes. The Match Replays portion of the message sounds like what a lot of games will give you when the game version # and the replay game version # don't line up. You said everything is alright? Are you getting the message anymore?

I’ve actually earned a ton of time crystals, but I have nothing to spend them on because their storefront is diapers.
5 rando items, not reflective of the characters I’m playing.
I’ve played almost exclusively Kitana for three days, and unlocked 4 skins and 5 gear pieces.
Her dedicated towers you can create expect me to complete hundreds of finishing moves, spend hundreds of souls.
I love the concept of the new krypt, but earning what you need to even make minimal progression is frustrating.
At least one of these things should be in players control: buying specific Konsumables, playing dedicated towers for players choice gear/skins, being able to bet or wager gear/skins against other players or CPU for a chance to get what you want, crafting specific gear in the forge that you know/want, etc

It sounds like a little hiccup with one of the Hotfixes. The Match Replays portion of the message sounds like what a lot of games will give you when the game version # and the replay game version # don't line up. You said everything is alright? Are you getting the message anymore?
It's only happened once.

But I've only turned the game on twice today.

I feel you may be correct in your statement.

Where can I find the match replays? I don't even want my matches saved like that.

Target buying via time crystals should be a thing at least give us a hefty conversion rate. 50k koins for 100 time crystals, 500 crystals for a normal skin, 1000 for epic. Brutalities 500 etc. Krypt would still be viable because you pay least albeit it at the cost of it being random

Apparently there is an item in the Krypt that costs 10k souls and another 1.5k to craft it just to solve a puzzle. I’ve been playing towers of time for two days and got about 2300 souls ...

Unbelievable.

Still can’t finish second noob tower since I need to do his fatality another 53 times. That is 15 minutes of real world time watching the same fatality over and over.

If this patch doesn’t address all the other bullshit I’m just going to uninstall , take the loss and learn my lesson.

Apparently there is an item in the Krypt that costs 10k souls and another 1.5k to craft it just to solve a puzzle. I’ve been playing towers of time for two days and got about 2300 souls ...

Unbelievable.

Still can’t finish second noob tower since I need to do his fatality another 53 times. That is 15 minutes of real world time watching the same fatality over and over.

If this patch doesn’t address all the other bullshit I’m just going to uninstall , take the loss and learn my lesson.
The grind feels like there's only 1/10th of the content in this game that there actually is, and NRS is freaked that we're going to run out any second. It's bizarre. I've been playing Johnny non-stop since Monday evening, I've done so many towers that I'm in the top 4% of Race Against Time (was 1% last night), so you'd think I've unlocked most of his stuff by now? Half of his stuff? A third of his stuff?

33/159 of his skin and gear items. That's counting the 6 you start the game with. That's barely higher than 20% of his skins and gear. For one fucking character that I've put 2 and a half days of hard grinding into.

And I'm not gonna be able to keep going at this rate forever. My MK11 vacation ends tonight, then it's back to the real world. And eventually I'll want to try other characters. And eventually I'll go back to playing other games too. How many years do they want to keep me unlocking just one character's gear?

If I'm getting annoyed, how are casuals going to feel? NRS is in some shit.

This stuff bugs me. If it's things that can be done in ANY part of the game (online/vs/towers/ToT) i'd be ok with it. Over time you'll get your 100 enders or 200 uppercut finishes etc. But when it's tied to only ToT you're forced to play a mode that you may not care about. But i guess that's the enticement for casuals to feel they're progressing in the game before they head off to their next game in 2 months.