What's new

3rd Strike Official release Trailer: GGPO enabled !!

David Gem

Banned
^Yup. RX inflicts fear, man.
@X820, I've seen those a while ago. But see, I would actually win one out of like 10 against either one of those guys. Not so much Kuroda, RX, Deshiken, J, KO, Genki, Ino, Daigo. Or Vanao and Ruu- my fave Ryu's.

And the vids I posted may not be that great, but the players are, trust me.

X820

Noob
David Gem said:
^Yup. RX inflicts fear, man.
@X820, I've seen those a while ago. But see, I would actually win one out of like 10 against either one of those guys. Not so much Kuroda, RX, Deshiken, J, KO, Genki, Ino, Daigo. Or Vanao and Ruu- my fave Ryu's.

And the vids I posted may not be that great, but the players are, trust me.
Yea i wasnt talking about the players, well see about your skill later on :p

X820

Noob
Capcom always succeeds in surpassing expectations, unbelievable.
This game will have everything you could ever ask for and then some.
It's the ultimate game port, ever.

Hype is coming, gather round people gather round..

I got it. Unfortunately, either mines messed up or there's a problem with it.

My PS3 is NAT 2, which is open. In Third Strike though, NAT 2 is yellow implying I can only connect to certain players. I've yet to meet anyone with a green ping. The lag I've experienced so far has been terrible despite GGPO. I get that the network tech works by basically frameskipping the lag to keep everything in sync, but what that's doing is creating something debatably worse than regular lag.

I'll never forget the first time I played it. I was Ken and my friend was Alex. We both walked to opposing sides of the screen and kept doing that for a couple seconds, when all of a sudden the background completely changed where we were located. So I saved the replay only to find out that, of course, it doesn't record the lag. Meaning anyone who gets their ass kicked by someone else's high ping can now be broadcast on YouTube for all to see and appear as if they were playing without any lag whatsoever - no one will know that latency issues threw you off, you'll just look like you have no clue how to play.

Then there's the whole, "character select-leaves count as disconnects for some reason" thing that fighting game devs have been doing for 10+ years which none of them other than myself seems to have thought up a workaround. Granted 3SO won't let you leave at the character select screen, it makes you wait until the match starts which is even more asinine, but being programmer white knights rushing to label everyone as "the rage quitter they are" means it's impossible for legit players to make a mistake. Long story short, I accidentally hit start to choose my character thinking it was an alternate color like in Super Turbo. I didn't see the completely monochrome key at the top of the screen that wasn't in the original and blends so well into the background which tells you start is actually random select, so when it landed on a character I'd never played before I decided to leave. Now I have a disconnect on my record and everyone gets to think I'm a rage quitter. Cause I deserved that. Best first imperssion ever!

It's amazing how other people's absentmindedness and the addition of the internet have pretty much destroyed every game I once loved. Does anybody else remember when playing MvC2 was fun? ::)

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
yea this game has tons of problems. like hearing parries when it didnt happen, KO's when the game is still going. dropped frames, ex attacks not working properly.

David Gem

Banned
^All of those problems are GGPO issues. I had them the first couple of days too, it's lag. Haven't seen it in a while though...

Tim Static

Adminerator
finally played 3sOE last night with a buddy offline and its a good port. a little weird at first, but i like what ive seen.

been using Chun since 3s was in the arcade, but last night, it just wasnt working out. i am so confused about that. nothing worked. oh well, still got Akuma and Kenny G.