What's new

3rd Strike Official release Trailer: GGPO enabled !!

X820

Noob

If this is going to work just aswell as GGPO does, hopefully the rest of the manufacturers will take a hint and incorperate P2P-based netplay on console based fighting games.

When this hits the stores, 3rd Strike will be removed from the GGPO network.

David Gem

Banned
yes... Yes... YES!!!! I've been playing on mame lately. One of my fave fighting games of all time. But it's fucking hard as shit to be good at it on a pad.

X820

Noob
David Gem said:
yes... Yes... YES!!!! I've been playing on mame lately. One of my fave fighting games of all time. But it's fucking hard as shit to be good at it on a pad.
It really takes practise, some things are pretty awkward in 3S.
I have a friend who plays on kb and he's a beast :)

X820

Noob
ZAQ said:
I agree, hopefully it is more of an emulator issue than anything else.
Does this mean that you are buying a 360, since you are a SF player now X?
Am I ? lol

David Gem

Banned
ZAQ said:
I agree, hopefully it is more of an emulator issue than anything else.
Does this mean that you are buying a 360, since you are a SF player now X?
X820 said:
It really takes practise, some things are pretty awkward in 3S.
I have a friend who plays on kb and he's a beast :)
What's Kb? Is that that Alpha thing I've been seeing?

On a pad, canceling into super arts either happens by luck, or if you all day to do them in practice. I won't be transforming into Deshiken or Jiro on a pad anytime soon. May have to learn the stick for this one.

X820

Noob
David Gem said:
What's Kb? Is that that Alpha thing I've been seeing?

On a pad, canceling into super arts either happens by luck, or if you all day to do them in practice. I won't be transforming into Deshiken or Jiro on a pad anytime soon. May have to learn the stick for this one.
kb = keyboard :)

I didn't have trouble doing Ken's c.mk SA on my ps3 pad.. Maybe yours needs replacement?

Anyway, if you like this game, get on GGPO until this hits the xbox, we could get some casuals in if we run into each other there.
I should be on almost every night this week, been quite some time since I played 3rd strike.

David Gem

Banned
Lol, right... Keyboard. And C.mk SA is the one of the few that I feel every once in a while I can actually do on purpose. I've only been playing for a few months, I know I'm gonna get 100 streaked by just about everyone there.

X820

Noob
David Gem said:
Lol, right... Keyboard. And C.mk SA is the one of the few that I feel every once in a while I can actually do on purpose. I've only been playing for a few months, I know I'm gonna get 100 streaked by just about everyone there.
Doesn't matter, all in good fun. Besides if you want to get good at a new game be prepared to be a noob lol.

Tim Static

Adminerator
(taken from EventHubs.com)

DMAmul was kind enough to type up his impressions of Street Fighter 3 Third Strike Online Edition after checking it out at E3 2011. He gives a rundown of some of the new features the game offers, and a few other details as well.

• There is a trial/challenges mode just like SF4. They have a basic and expert parrying mode, and then set of trials for each character just like SF4. I saw the producer of 3s online going through a bunch with Akuma, and they get pretty hardcore as you go further into the game.

• One of the parry challenges on expert was EVO MOMENT #37, Daigo vs. Justin. Chun-Li against Ken, on Ken's stage... exactly the same setup. You have to parry all of Chun's attacks and then hit the same combo as Daigo did (Jumping Hard Kick, Crouching Medium Kick, Shoryuken, Cancel into Super).

• Ton of screen options: There was a smoothed filter, no filter, and you could even turn on scanlines. There was also a stretched mode which didn't look that great, but a widescreen mode which retains the look of the game while giving you more screen real estate to look at.

• You've seen the challenges and achievements that are on the left and right side of the game screen - when you complete these you earn points to unlock a ton of stuff, character art, remixed tracks, etc.

• GGPO - 8 player quarter match!

Also, Delriach at http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/06/08/hands-on-street-fighter-iii-3rd-strike-online-edition/"]TheSixthAxis.com has a hands-on preview of the game[/url] as well, and explains some of the ins and outs not covered in other previews, plus he took some screen shots of the dip switch menu options. Here's a snip.

There are dipswitches for nearly everything you can imagine. Want to have all three Super Arts instead of just one? You can enable such an option. You can turn on the ability to cancel normal moves, cancel super moves into super moves, disable target combos, and so much more. You can check out the gallery at the end to see all five pages of dipswitches. It’s not something that will be used competitively since there are standards to play on, but it’s cool to have when you just want to mess around with whatever.

David Gem

Banned
X820 said:
Doesn't matter, all in good fun. Besides if you want to get good at a new game be prepared to be a noob lol.
Hey I got GGPO. Don't know how to go about playing online (If there's some specific place I can go). I know Kaillera's available, and maybe something else. So let me know when you wanna GET DOWN!!

X820

Noob
Fuckin' parry trials BOOOO !

That shit could ruin 3S real fast lol.

Imagine most people beeing able to parry on the fly.. -_-

David Gem

Banned
lol, but that'd be awesome!

I hope they give other players some love, though. Like performing some of Jiro's Kara Demon setups. That insane hurricane combo that Kuroda, and ONLY Kuroda, has ever done.
There was a match somewhere between Ryu and Dudley where the only block was a red parry, everything else was parried by both players, insane, maybe a "parry match" should be in there somewhere.

Hayao has had some ridunkulous defensive techniques against Yuns when they're in Genjin. He's also parried all of Necro's "Electric Storm" (recorded about 21 techs) and Ibuki's SA 1or2 I think- whichever one has her in the air.

RX's Partitioning with Urien would be cool mode, cause I don't understand how that shit is even possible. Same with Kuroda and TM's Q.

Anyone who's a fan of Third Strike needs to subscribe to "The Shend" on youtube. He's god tier of those vids, along with a lot of new stuff. Imo the game is more fun to watch. And that's only cause I suck at it... for now... I'll gladly post what I'm talking about if anyone's interested.

X820

Noob
David Gem said:
lol, but that'd be awesome!

I hope they give other players some love, though. Like performing some of Jiro's Kara Demon setups. That insane hurricane combo that Kuroda, and ONLY Kuroda, has ever done.
There was a match somewhere between Ryu and Dudley where the only block was a red parry, everything else was parried by both players, insane, maybe a "parry match" should be in there somewhere.

Hayao has had some ridunkulous defensive techniques against Yuns when they're in Genjin. He's also parried all of Necro's "Electric Storm" (recorded about 21 techs) and Ibuki's SA 1or2 I think- whichever one has her in the air.

RX's Partitioning with Urien would be cool mode, cause I don't understand how that shit is even possible. Same with Kuroda and TM's Q.

Anyone who's a fan of Third Strike needs to subscribe to "The Shend" on youtube. He's god tier of those vids, along with a lot of new stuff. Imo the game is more fun to watch. And that's only cause I suck at it... for now... I'll gladly post what I'm talking about if anyone's interested.
I have subscribed to the shend a long time ago, Lars showed me that channel, it's pretty bad ass :)

Please, post those vids, sounds awesome.

As a sidenote;

I've played 3rd strike today for teh first time on my new stick, wow I'm back to square one!

:mad:

David Gem

Banned
Check out a little Kuroda, the greatest Third Strike player. One of the best Goukis.

Jiro's Gouki- God of Ragin Demons.

More to come later

X820

Noob
Nice matches, fun to watch :)

Novice matches though, nothing high level really..

That Raging demon stuff always looks impressive, in that last one he had a few lucky guesses, his opponent(s) were below his skill level, they couldnt see the repetitive patterns :)

David Gem

Banned
You're joking when you say "novice" right? It really doesn't get much better than this. Do you have any fave players?

X820

Noob
David Gem said:
You're joking when you say "novice" right? It really doesn't get much better than this. Do you have any fave players?
No not really, I don't follow the scene, don't care enough for it.
Trust me, these 2 videos arent THAT good.

Edit:

I just watched theshend's channel and came across this:

To me, this is more like it.
I have no idea who these players are, but both are playing very very well, text book high level play from start to finish.