What's new

Combo Video - Unbreakable 30%-40% Combos

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I probably sound like a dick, but do we not have a combo thread where we can post these things? Appreciate the effort though.

Lokheit

Noob
You would get more damage if you didn't activate the armor twice during some of those combos (specially since you don't shatter the second time). Armoring multiplies all following damage by 0.85 (same than hitting them with an EX Ice Blast) if the armor is used during a combo (even if you use it during the freese instead of as a combo extender).

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
This is nice! The best part is you don't need to use MB aura to link two of b12. Also you can even get more damage by doing a IA j1 after mb'd aura. :D

MILE_HIGH_CLUB

FREEDOM'S LABORATORY
You would get more damage if you didn't activate the armor twice during some of those combos (specially since you don't shatter the second time). Armoring multiplies all following damage by 0.85 (same than hitting them with an EX Ice Blast) if the armor is used during a combo (even if you use it during the freese instead of as a combo extender).
good to know i notice that too... old video now my Bnb is b12 freeze , b12 armor 242 dash 1 123 slide does like 33% or 34%

Lokheit

Noob
good to know i notice that too... old video now my Bnb is b12 freeze , b12 armor 242 dash 1 123 slide does like 33% or 34%
It's better to put B12 armor before B12 freeze because the penalty on the first one (0.95*0.95*0.85) is softer than the second one (0.95*0.95*0.75) and if you can pick orders, softer penalties should always go first in the combo.

Also, max meterless damage in Unbreakable is achieved AFAIK with: B12aura, B12 Freeze, JIP, B2, run B12burst (somehow the JIP makes midscreen B2runB12 easier to connect so the combo is doable), because the damage scale of B2 is much better than 242 and B12burst deals a ton of damage with the aura up (plenty of time to put another aura if you want after the combo).

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Best possible combos are:

1. B12 Aura, B12 Ice Ball, JP2, B2, B12 Shatter = 33%
2. (With Aura on) B12 Ice Ball, WALK BACK SHATTER, B12 Aura, 242, B12 Shatter = 31%

3. MB Aura on: B12 Ice Ball, JP1, 242, 1, 123 Slide = 30% (Generic Sub Zero combo) "Buffed" to 31% if you shatter the aura that you spent 1 BAR ON.

4.Parry, JP1 B12 Aura, 242, B12 Shatter = 31%
5. (With Aura on) Parry, JP2, B2 B12 Shatter = 29%

6. F4 MB Aura, B12 Ice Ball, JP1 242, 1, 123 Slide = 28% <- Pathetic damage for a bar of meter considering F4 Aura B12 won't combo.
There is no point finishing the combo with B12 shatter, as you have paid to have your "damage reduction" active.

DISCLAIMER:
Notice that the damage "Buff" he got in Unbreakable was to have his Aura shatter's do more damage. If you perform the generic sub combo and end with an Unbreakable shatter, you will get 1% more damage.
Notice in combo 1, the generic variation-less sub combo does 30%, while the Unbreakable specific "buffed damage" shatter does 3% more.

Will possibly make a thread about this and helpfully draw attention to it.

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
Best possible combos are:

1. B12 Aura, B12 Ice Ball, JP2, B2, B12 Shatter = 33%
2. (With Aura on) B12 Ice Ball, WALK BACK SHATTER, B12 Aura, 242, B12 Shatter = 31%

3. MB Aura on: B12 Ice Ball, JP1, 242, 1, 123 Slide = 30% (Generic Sub Zero combo) "Buffed" to 31% if you shatter the aura that you spent 1 BAR ON.

4.Parry, JP1 B12 Aura, 242, B12 Shatter = 31%
5. (With Aura on) Parry, JP2, B2 B12 Shatter = 29%

6. F4 MB Aura, B12 Ice Ball, JP1 242, 1, 123 Slide = 28% <- Pathetic damage for a bar of meter considering F4 Aura B12 won't combo.
There is no point finishing the combo with B12 shatter, as you have paid to have your "damage reduction" active.

DISCLAIMER:
Notice that the damage "Buff" he got in Unbreakable was to have his Aura shatter's do more damage. If you perform the generic sub combo and end with an Unbreakable shatter, you will get 1% more damage.
Notice in combo 1, the generic variation-less sub combo does 30%, while the Unbreakable specific "buffed damage" shatter does 3% more.

Will possibly make a thread about this and helpfully draw attention to it.
Yeah they all would deal decent (not even high to MKX standards) damage if they didn't put a penalty on a non hit move.

A huge lot of characters (GM Sub-Zero, Deceptive Reptile, Noxious Reptile, Crystalline Tremor, Flame Fist Liu Kang...) can use non hitting moves to extend a combo and they don't apply a damage penalty (Deceptive Reptile and Crystalline Tremor have a 0.98 penalty on invisibility and crystal summon, that penalty is an outlier and is softer than a regular hit that in general is 0.95, so I'm not even sure if it's intended), there is absolutely zero reason for a 0.85 penalty on the aura.

The damage buff is really bad because of this and if you want to take that bit of extra damage, you throw the variation whole idea (to keep the aura on to protect yourself) through the window as you can't have the aura on when you start a combo.