What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero 3 Variations of Sub-Zero discussion

Mike L

Noob
Now he just doesn`t need any damn weapon at all except clone, cause throwing the clone is not very different to throwing the ice hammer for example.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Style 1. Ice Weapons
Style 2. Parry and Ice Armor causing SZ to take less damage (not sure if its on hit, chip, or both)
Style 3. Clone

Universal specials are Ice Blast and Slide. EX slide still has armor.
What are your thoughts about the ice clone? It seems that there is no dash blocking because to run you initiate a block while dashing so that seems as though the ice clone would shut down any attempt to dash in (because you have to commit), shut down running, and shut down jumping. Also if there is invulnerable back dashes the turtle route might be the best way to go.... also depending on if he can trade with zoners he might not need to even worry about being zoned.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Probably Ice Weapons for me. SZ has always been my favorite MK character, now I can maybe play rushdown with him. *EDIT* not above counterpicking with a different style though.
With no dash blocking that will be very very tough... his ice clone turtle style will be the way to go.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Surely it will be match up dependent. You can't pick a style already when we've no idea what each advantage/disadvantage is.

Surely it will be match up dependent. You can't pick a style already when we've no idea what each advantage/disadvantage is.
True, I'm just *guessing* based on the appearance that weapons is more of a rushdown style....but it is just a guess. And yes, surely matchups will factor into style choices.