What's new

3/5 in ranked

Alright I know probably half of y'all complained about them going the route of 2/3 and how tournaments are even 2/3 but at top 8 and above they're 3/5. so my point is if mk11 had a dedicated ranking system, they could probably bring back 3/5 for the higher ranks. a game that did something like this was killer instinct. only specific ranks in killer instinct had to fight 2/3 but lower than that it was just 1 game. would that be good compensation or are you all just trying to play 3/5 all the time?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'd rather everything was just 3/5, but I wonder if some specific convo was had with the TOs and they said it'd take too long? Or if it was the result of consistency with a giant tourney like EVO which pretty much can't be 3/5.

But imo this game really shines in 3/5 sets when people's adjustments have time to play out.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
They won’t do that because 2/3 is quicker and gives people more incentive to play more matches for rewards. You think it’s annyoing to get awarded 10 points for a game? Imagine if you have to win more games per set, people going to rage.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I was really against 2/3 for ranked/KL but I've changed my mind. When you just want to tick off your matches for the day in KL it's nice. When you get matched vs that wifi sub zero it's a good thing. And when you get matched vs someone who just demolishes you... it's less embarrassing.

For tournaments I prefer 3/5 but as long as top 8 or top 16 is 3/5 it's fine.

Last edited:

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
Nah. 2/3 keeps things moving and limits constant counterpicking. Plus, a 2/3 set already takes about 5-10 minutes. Long sets should be reserved for player matches or finals (losers, winners, grand finals) in a tournament setting.

The most sensible option would be choice and variety in Ranked. When I first heard about Kombat League, I was glad that we would have something different. Then it turned out that you can't play regular Ranked in season. That's stupid IMO. Why limit the player on every korner?

My main problem with KL that it feels forced onto the player. When it's KL season, don't you dare play anything else but KL. Come back regularly or we take your points! How insane is that?! If you don't have the drive and passion to play MK11 on a daily basis, they threaten you to hinder your progress with this stupidity. And what about having a life? If you have friends, a significant other, work stuff or a holiday opportunity and you happen to not be able to play for 4 days, you're already losing progress. These things just put me off and kill my desire to play.

What I would prefer personally is choice. NRS should let us play 2/3 Ranked, 3/5 Ranked and Kombat League simoultaneously. You can toggle a lot of things, so an option for 3/5 Ranked instead of 2/3 wouldn't be so hard to implement I guess. This way everyone could play according to their own preference. If you want to breeze through sets you could keep 2/3 but if you want to take your time and adapt you could choose 3/5. Kombat League should stay 2/3 beacause it's a long road for the most of us but I wouldn't mind if it's 3/5 from Demi God because it's basically the Top 8 of KL.

Options, choices, please!