What's new

General/Other - Kitana 21st Place on PS4 Klassic Tower as Kitana, does it matter? (Kitana user)

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
This is my first post and I apologize if its in the wrong place, I read all the forum rules and guides and searched for this topic but couldn't find it. I main Kitana and I have a global standing of 21st place on PS4 on the Klassic Tower and I was wondering what to do with that. I know this is a selfish question, but is being one of the best single-players in MKX kind of like being the best punter in football?

Regarding strategy, Kitana has HUGE strengths against AI. Primarily, her 1,1 combo. I find the 1,1 combo is nearly always the most important combo for all chars against the AI because it is essentially a block-substitute. Its always fast and safe and if you have a juggle/initiator like d,b1 for Kitana its especially lethal. You will always be able to land 4-5 1,1s during an AI match against Hard and Very Hard. You can always turn that 1,1 into 1,1,db1,njp, jk,df1,RC,f3,3,df1,f3,3,bf3 which is 32%. On wakeup, f1,1,2,df1,jk,df1,RC,f3,3,db1,f3,3,bf3 hits 2/3 of the time with 37% damage (all without meter). Add in cross-ups and her lack of mixup is meaningless. Finally, her njp is extremely fast and can be executed on the way up against almost all standing opponents which translates to njp,jk,df1,RC,f3,3,df1,RC,f3,3,db1,RC,f3,3,bf3 which is another 32%. Considering her brutalities are fan in the air or b,f3 (holding f), brutalities are an almost guarantee and hence a 1,765,000 score is easily repeatable. I have similar strategies for Jason, Erron Black, Ermac, Scorpion and Liu Kang. All based on the 1,1 combo (or 1,2 in some cases). If anyone actually thinks this is something I should be proud of, I can post a very detailed AI strategy for all of these characters.