What's new

21 Stages Hooray!

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Did they show the characater select screen in the kast with Kabal? I think they didn't. They're hiding something.
Hsu Hao confirmed

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
It makes me think if the 2-in-1 stages (where you knock the opponent to the next stage) will be a thing in this MK

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I might not be happy with the roster, but stages wise they nailed it!

I have Shang Tsung's Island's Courtyard, my personal favorite, and what seems to be Shang Tsung's Nethership, which I didn't even know I wanted this bad!

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Something to think about:

In MKX story mode, there were 48 fights total across 12 stages, for an average of 4 fights per stage.

What's the most typical way you get 4 or 5 fights on the same stage? Same as in MK9, have a shitty chapter where one character just rolls through 4 enemies without advancing the plot whatsoever. (eg. Sub-Zero vs kombat kids in LK Temple, Jacqui vs Outworld in Dead Woods) Boring. Waste of time.

Let's say MK11 has 48 fights again... but this time across 21 stages. Well now, that's an average of only 2.6 fights per stage.

That means the likelihood of any chapter having you just bust 4 heads in a row is extremely small. There'll be at least one scene break if not more in every chapter, which implies less time wasted on pointless fights.

Just one extra reason to be optimistic about story mode.

D

Deleted member 59910

Did they show the characater select screen in the kast with Kabal? I think they didn't. They're hiding something.
Hsu Hao confirmed

Would be awesome if Shangs stage actually has two different looks, one for the past when everyone was alive etc and then the one we've seen already which looks awesome. I hope we get some with some rain/storm effects, loved the sky temple in MKX.

I would love to see the graveyard returning, rainy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shaolin one and 'Unknown' are one and the same. Source: gameplay reveal trailer.
The 'unknown' is not from the reveal trailer but in the behind the scenes trailer. It's a wooden stage with strange circular cages hanging from the ceiling and also crashed on the floor.

At the intro to the first KombatKast, if you look you'll see a sub zero intro animation on this stage and you can tell it is not the shaolin stage. I'm curious to see wtf this is.

The 'unknown' is not from the reveal trailer but in the behind the scenes trailer. It's a wooden stage with strange circular cages hanging from the ceiling and also crashed on the floor.

At the intro to the first KombatKast, if you look you'll see a sub zero intro animation on this stage and you can tell it is not the shaolin stage. I'm curious to see wtf this is.
ah, you're right. confused the 'unknown' imagery with the big green clock portal that's on the other side of the shaolin stage.