What's new

-21 Frame Rate Data vs. +21 Frame Rate Data -> What does it mean?

Sorry for the nooby questions. I am still the FNG.

I was looking through the frame rate data yesterday and noticed some would say:

Block +7 /Block -10 and so forth...

so what does the positives and negatives mean?

Thanks.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Sorry for the nooby questions. I am still the FNG.

I was looking through the frame rate data yesterday and noticed some would say:

Block +7 /Block -10 and so forth...

so what does the positives and negatives mean?

Thanks.
Say your move leaves you at +7 on block: that means you can safely do a follow up move that takes up to 7 frames without being punished. Aka: Frame Advantage

Say another moves leaves you at a -10 on block. That means once the opponent blocks that move, he/she basically has a 10 frame window to punish you.. As long as the move they hit you with is under 10 frames- you're hit.

Scenario for you:

Your character has a super move sweep that is -10 on block. My character has an ultimate move that takes 8 frames to pull off.

You go for your super sweep, I block, I immediately hit you with my ultimate.. (And baring any game mechanics) you're hit and nothing to do about it but watch the cinematic.

This is why certain moves are unpublishable or hard to catch/punish.. The (-) that the player is left at... No move starts quick enough to punish them.

This is what makes certain characters "safe" because they tend to have more moves that put them at frame advantage, and are harder to catch because the (-) on block is low too.