What's new

Question - Scorpion 21 and MG whiffing afterpatch.

pulsiondemuerte

The Horror
Hi to all!.
Afterpatch, at first I thought It was my problem, but after I read some BloodyNights comments talking about the same problem, my doubts persisted.

Aparently when you perform 214~TP, 21~MG the 21 inconsistenly whiffs, the same with the MG. Anyway the 21 issue is more dramatic.

Any clues about that? Any way to avoid this whiffing problem?. I suffer this issue in inferno, I don't know other variations.

Thanks!

By the way for a Scorpion learner like me the guides you made are great for shorten the gap between casual and competitive play. Guides such as BloodyNights made for inferno or Eddy Wang with Ninjutsu are so great for starters. I think this forum needs a comprehensive Hellfire guide.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
I think this forum needs a comprehensive Hellfire guide.
I don't think anyone has really broken down the new hellfire completely just yet.

For example, I found some really nifty combo resets using the FBC from different strings. Like ending a combo with b12xxFBC, a crossup FJP is unavoidable for a lot of characters and allows immediate block pressure since FJP, 21xxFBC is not only a jailing blockstring but also a super-easy to hitconfirm combo and if it gets blocked you can do a throw or whatever.

That's just one example of all the ridickydicky tech hellfire has, who knows what else he's got?

Anyway, as for your question, the 214 string has 4 frames added from before so comboing from it is tighter. Even worse is that 214xxTP, 123xxTP can also whiff on the 3 if you do it too early as well as not connect at all if you are too late.

The only solution I can offer is to use 214xxTP, 12xxSpear when you are not confident. It has a bigger hitbox and faster startup for slightly less damage.

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
Hi to all!.
Afterpatch, at first I thought It was my problem, but after I read some BloodyNights comments talking about the same problem, my doubts persisted.

Aparently when you perform 214~TP, 21~MG the 21 inconsistenly whiffs, the same with the MG. Anyway the 21 issue is more dramatic.

Any clues about that? Any way to avoid this whiffing problem?. I suffer this issue in inferno, I don't know other variations.

Thanks!

By the way for a Scorpion learner like me the guides you made are great for shorten the gap between casual and competitive play. Guides such as BloodyNights made for inferno or Eddy Wang with Ninjutsu are so great for starters. I think this forum needs a comprehensive Hellfire guide.
Thanks for the shout outs on my guide :D But uhh, the 21 being inconsistent is really only when you have the opponents back against the corner. For whatever reason 21 randomly won't connect, and other times 21>MG won't connect it's really bizarre and I can't recreate it.

Another situation I can't recreate is on the 214>DB3, 123>EX DB3, 21>BF1. After the spear connects hitstun will randomly run out. Someone mentioned something about height. I did more testing, and even hitting from the lowest, or highest possible spear, it would still run out and not allow me to perform JIP, 3, DB4. I also tested it on the different Spear animations Scorpion has, aka the slower pull, and the faster pull thinking that the faster pull makes it run out faster. If anyone knows what the problem is, I'd appreciate it, feels like a bug to me. This happens far less like 1 in 30. But it can cost you games due to DB4 being - a ton on block lol

Matix218

Get over here!
Thanks for the shout outs on my guide :D But uhh, the 21 being inconsistent is really only when you have the opponents back against the corner. For whatever reason 21 randomly won't connect, and other times 21>MG won't connect it's really bizarre and I can't recreate it.

Another situation I can't recreate is on the 214>DB3, 123>EX DB3, 21>BF1. After the spear connects hitstun will randomly run out. Someone mentioned something about height. I did more testing, and even hitting from the lowest, or highest possible spear, it would still run out and not allow me to perform JIP, 3, DB4. I also tested it on the different Spear animations Scorpion has, aka the slower pull, and the faster pull thinking that the faster pull makes it run out faster. If anyone knows what the problem is, I'd appreciate it, feels like a bug to me. This happens far less like 1 in 30. But it can cost you games due to DB4 being - a ton on block lol
Ive noticed all of these things as well but TBH I have barely touched inferno post patch because ive been focusing on ninjitsu now. But yes, reducing the cancel advantage on 214 has definitely had a negative effect on his 214 bnbs especially in inferno. They are much harder online and less consistent in certain screen locations even offline. I don't know why they couldn't have just limited you to less fbrcs by increasing stamina drain or just not letting you cancel more than one in a single continuous string (I agree getting 3 continuous 214 fbrcs was over the top) but they really screwed up the combo consistency of 214 combos (especially with the already laggy online)

Matix218

Get over here!
Maybe a NRS mini fix of this with the Predator DLC?
I wouldn't count on it. This was NRS' s way of "fixing" the hellfire fbrc pressure. Unfortunately it had an effect on all of his variations 214 combos as well but I would not count on it being fixed. At this point it is what it is. I may just change my inferno bnb to have 12 spear first and 21~mg after (assuming that still works) because that well def be easier to time and the spear is more forgiving than mg which is very height dependant

Amios

Noob
I dont get it either. The 21xxMG or 21xxSpear after 214xxTP is a complete mess. Even offline its not possible for me to get it down all the time. I dont even know what I am doing wrong. Only thing is that MG will not connect on 214xxTP 11xxMG. Therefor the only option i know so far is 21xxMG. I also dont see any visial clue to rely on to get it down more consistent. I dont even know if I am doning the combo to fast or to slow. Sometimes the 2 is not comming out at all, therefore I think it was done to fast. Sometimes it wiffs, and I guess I did it to fast. My current ratio is like ~6/10 offline. Thats not acceptable cause I'll lose a lot of damage and even worse missing the vortex.