What's new

2014 FIFA World Cup general discussion thread

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I don't know you bu I think Pepe didn't deserve the red card, I mean the first hit (with his arm) didn't look on purpose; now the scond "hit" (with the head) definitely didn't deserve the direct red card. And this comes from a guy that really dislike Pepe, everytime Real faced Barcelona the job of this guy was making fouls, and I mean those kind of violent and unnecessary fouls; but this time it didn't seem to me to deserve the red card. What do you think?

Yeah the US definitely stole that game. They need to work on maintaining possession, especially on the opponents side of the box, because their defense was working on overdrive due to their mistakes. If Germany or Portugal had that many chances, they are going to have a field day running past their fatigued defense.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Predictions for tomorrow:
Belgium - Algeria: 2 - 0
Russia - Korea: 2 - 1
Brasil - Mexico: 3 - 1

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I don't know you bu I think Pepe didn't deserve the red card, I mean the first hit (with his arm) didn't look on purpose; now the scond "hit" (with the head) definitely didn't deserve the direct red card. And this comes from a guy that really dislike Pepe, everytime Real faced Barcelona the job of this guy was making fouls, and I mean those kind of violent and unnecessary fouls; but this time it didn't seem to me to deserve the red card. What do you think?
He deserved it. He basically went up to the guy during a stoppage of play and headbutted him. There isnt a sport out there where that would fly.

LavaG

Representing Gamers Republic GH
I was surprised to red as well, pepe's reputation cost him there, but that was definitely not a red card offense in my opinion

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
He deserved it. He basically went up to the guy during a stoppage of play and headbutted him. There isnt a sport out there where that would fly.
But that wasn't a headbutt, it was like a yell-to-the-face kind of thing, he didn't try to damage his head, I saw this kind of reactions lot of times from central backs, it's more like "HEY!! STOP THE ACT, I DIDN'T HURT YOU!! or something like that.

LavaG

Representing Gamers Republic GH
He was just telling him to get the fuck up, footballers of today react too much to everything, its soo annoying..

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Especially now that their best striker is hurt.
That Bradley guy didn't create the opportunities he was for, Donovan would have create those situations for the forwards or even make the goals. I really like Donovan, but I heard he has somekind of bad attitude sometimes, I heard about a grudge between him and Beckham when he was in the Galaxy team.

Zoidberg747

That Bradley guy didn't create the opportunities he was for, Donovan would have create those situations for the forwards or even make the goals. I really like Donovan, but I heard he has somekind of bad attitude sometimes, I heard about a grudge between him and Beckham when he was in the Galaxy team.
Bradley was really bad today. He definitely needs to get it together.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I think it's fair to say a more disciplined player like Gerrard or Zanetti would've only been cautioned for it though. I even thought the incidents in the France/Honduras match were sillier and none of them provoked straight reds.

USA needs Donovan, Klinsmann was lucky they won this first match.
Off topic, but is it just me or does Klinsmann sound slightly American when he speaks English lol?

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
USA gets Portugal next who are going to be down 2 starters on Defense....

Lets just hope Jozy's hamstring heals up quick

Insidiousballer

Meter Hoarder
Donovan is poop/ I'd rather us take our chances with our young talent and see what they can do. Ghana clearly trains cardio really fucking hard. Too bad for them they don't have much skill. I watched the U.S. score the 6th fastest goal in world cup history and then sit back lazily on that goal for 81 minutes. Then Ghana scored and the commentators started laying it on with more "...oh the US needs to blah blah.." BANG. Set-piece header by one of our young players, who is IN FOR DONOVAN YOU DUMB FUCKS. Sorry, but if Donovan is in THERE IS NO WAY ON PLANET EARTH, even in corrupt Brazil where anything is possible, that Donovan makes that play. Sorry. But he can't. Do that.

Fuck, Germany looks good man :(

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Donovan is poop/ I'd rather us take our chances with our young talent and see what they can do. Ghana clearly trains cardio really fucking hard. Too bad for them they don't have much skill. I watched the U.S. score the 6th fastest goal in world cup history and then sit back lazily on that goal for 81 minutes. Then Ghana scored and the commentators started laying it on with more "...oh the US needs to blah blah.." BANG. Set-piece header by one of our young players, who is IN FOR DONOVAN YOU DUMB FUCKS. Sorry, but if Donovan is in THERE IS NO WAY ON PLANET EARTH, even in corrupt Brazil where anything is possible, that Donovan makes that play. Sorry. But he can't. Do that.

Fuck, Germany looks good man :(
Why so much hate on Donovan? :confused:. He is the best USA player from history!

Zoidberg747

I think it's fair to say a more disciplined player like Gerrard or Zanetti would've only been cautioned for it though. I even thought the incidents in the France/Honduras match were sillier and none of them provoked straight reds.

Off topic, but is it just me or does Klinsmann sound slightly American when he speaks English lol?
I disagree. In almost any sport if you try to start a fight and attack someone when play has stopped you are almost always ejected from the game. If he had collided heads during play it wouldnt be so bad, but he literally went up to a downed player and rammed into his head. Its uncalled for and straight up thug-like. You can't let that shit go, especially on the world stage.

Edit: And just for the record, a red card can be issued for any sort of violent conduct. I am sure ramming into someone's head would apply.

Apparently he is looking at a three-game ban too. Good riddance I say.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
By the way, the m2dave World Cup 2014 tier list is coming tomorrow night.
-Obligatory 'dis gun be gud' gif-

I disagree. In almost any sport if you try to start a fight and attack someone when play has stopped you are almost always ejected from the game. If he had collided heads during play it wouldnt be so bad, but he literally went up to a downed player and rammed into his head. Its uncalled for and straight up thug-like. You can't let that shit go, especially on the world stage.

Edit: And just for the record, a red card can be issued for any sort of violent conduct. I am sure ramming into someone's head would apply.

Apparently he is looking at a three-game ban too. Good riddance I say.
What I mean is, I think the ref had to take into account that Muller was already fishing for a reaction, I just don't think Pepe already being as obnoxious as he is helped his case.

Zoidberg747

-Obligatory 'dis gun be gud' gif-

What I mean is, I think the ref had to take into account that Muller was already fishing for a reaction, I just don't think Pepe already being as obnoxious as he is helped his case.
Gotcha. I agree Muller was fishing but Pepe pretty much sealed his own fate.

Ghana clearly trains cardio really fucking hard. Too bad for them they don't have much skill.
Dude, I admire your passion and patriotism. I don't want to bore you with technicality, that equalizer says a lot about individual skills, team work.
Kwadwo Asamoah is a beast at Juve, he's incredibly versatile on that left flank and plays central roles with ease.
And that one two within the box between Gyan and Ayew, that is some teamwork and positional play.

But it was a deserved win for USA.