What's new

20 Tips how to Law in Tekken 7

Hi everyone, this is a Tekken 7 tutorial I have been working on during the last 4 weeks. Since the release of Tekken 7 I have been hitting the lab & grinding games with Law and Paul. I ended up creating my second T7 tutorial today. This tutorial covers setups, tricks, input tips, combos & the basic stuff you want to know when you just started learning this character.

• When you are on +frames, press 4. It's good for catching opponents pressing a button which will juggle them on counter hit.

• Dragon Hammer f+1+2 & Dragon Killer f+3+4 both force crouch. DH is +3 on block, DK is -2 on block, but you can interrupt the opponent with d+1. Both moves launch on counter hit.

• Having trouble with the DSS into Dragon Flight ender input? Don't press 4,3, slide over 4,3 with your thumb. Start pressing back just after pressing 4, by the time you press 3 you should be pressing forward & just after 3 connects you should be pressing f+4 at the same time.

• Note that the Dragon Flight ender can also catch players on hit when they quick rise, even if the second hit of Shaolin Kicks ( 4,3 ) missed.

• Law has a very useful command throw Knee Lift f,f+3+4 that puts the opponent into a juggle state for a corner carry or combo into Rage Art.

• If you want to extend your combo after flashkick u/f+4, you need to press 4 & then b+2 in order to do so. Law does crouch after the first flashkick & it will buffer his Dragon Uppercut wr+2 instead of b+2. That isn't the case after the second Flashkick, Law will be standing after that and you can extend your combo with b+2 or with any other poke or special move.

• In case you whiff the flashkick & the opponent tries to punish it and whiffs a high attack, goes for a low special move with slow startup, tries to grab you or is crouching ---> then go for Dragon Uppercut.

• Flashkick can also outrange some slower low special moves such as Paul's d/f+1+2 or King's.

• Dragon's Tail d/b+4 is -37 on block & you will get heavily punished when the opponent can block it. But you can play mindgames with the other player, when you are on +frames.

• The range on Dragon's Tail is pretty decent. You can use it vs high attacks, armored high attacks, high counter moves, command grabs. mid attacks with slow startup. Note: Rage Drive adds another Dragon's Flight kick as ender.

• Dragon's Cannon ( armor ) f,f+3 is the main power crush tool you wanna use. It can be also done from DSS. It can also catch backdashes vs moves with a huge pushback on block such as Paul's deathfist or Kazumi's. You can go for high risk / reward 50/50s vs other players.

• Always keep 3+4 (4) ready which is a 14 frame launcher with a solid range. Look up for opponents whiffing an attack and then go for it. But be careful, the third hit is high and can be ducked. There is a trick you might wanna try here, only go for 3+4 and when the opponent is crouching, go for another 3+4 on hit and then 4. This string hits mid mid high.

• Other launchers I am using ( shown in this video )

• The only low launcher Law has from neutral game without counter hit is backturned d+4. b+4 or d/b+2 make Law backturned. d+3 is uninterruptable after b+4 on hit. You can also go for 2,2 which has a huge pushback on hit, the first hit stuns.

• Corner carries ( shown in this video )

• Transitions into DSS ( shown in this video ) Understanding DSS, in T7 it's actually called DCS which stands for Law's Dragon Charge Stance. Law can also enter DSS with d+1+2, but that's not the way you wanna use it. It can be seen and reacted in time by other players. The Transition into DSS is instant which means that there is no attack delay, allowing for instant neutral attacks. For instance Shaolin Kicks is -13 on block, but 4,3 DSS b,f makes it +7 on block for another instant attack. DSS gives you frame advantage on some of Law's strings.

• Running flying kick f,f,f+3 is another useful tool It's a safe mid and plus on block, Note: It's reactable and can get sidestepped from a distance, so you might wanna be doing it from close range for better +frames

• For grounded opponents go for Dragon's Tail or Dragon Killer.

• His slide is also very useful and almost impossible to see on time.
Thanks for reading, watching & playing. Good games @ll.

I might be creating a tutorial for each character over the years. The previous tutorial was for Paul,
if you wanna check it out.

man i wanna learn tekken 7, gonna pick it up soon, is this stuff really hard to learn?
Tekken can be quite difficult for someone who has never played a Tekken game before.
Each character has 80+ different moves and there are 33 character.
Not every move is useful, knowing the frame data helps.
Each character has different execution levels. Some more beginner-friendly than others.
Matchup knowledge is very important in this game.

Aris said a while ago " For a newcomer, it takes 2 years to get on a cent skill lvl in Tekken, when you are talented at fighting games and put in a lot of work. "

Well, I am a slow learner myself and it took me 2 years to get on a decent skill lvl in Street Fighter 4-5.
But the term " decent " can mean anything - like tournament lvl decent or just online fun lvl decent?

But at the end the most important thing is having fun with a game.
And Tekken 7 is really fun to play with one of the most balanced character casts I have seen since long.
All the characters are really unique.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Tekken can be quite difficult for someone who has never played a Tekken game before.
Each character has 80+ different moves and there are 33 character.
Not every move is useful, knowing the frame data helps.
Each character has different execution levels. Some more beginner-friendly than others.
Matchup knowledge is very important in this game.

Aris said a while ago " For a newcomer, it takes 2 years to get on a cent skill lvl in Tekken, when you are talented at fighting games and put in a lot of work. "

Well, I am a slow learner myself and it took me 2 years to get on a decent skill lvl in Street Fighter 4-5.
But the term " decent " can mean anything - like tournament lvl decent or just online fun lvl decent?

But at the end the most important thing is having fun with a game.
And Tekken 7 is really fun to play with one of the most balanced character casts I have seen since long.
All the characters are really unique.
i'm a fast learner, and im lookin at bob, akuma and devil jin at the moment, tho now after seeing Geese Howard he's got me interested as well.

Hi everyone, this is a Tekken 7 tutorial I have been working on during the last 14 days.
Since the release of Noctis I have been hitting the lab & grinding games with him.
I ended up creating my third T7 tutorial today.
I hope it will help you to improve.

Thanks for watching, thanks for playing and good games @ll.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
i'm a fast learner, and im lookin at bob, akuma and devil jin at the moment, tho now after seeing Geese Howard he's got me interested as well.
Akuma, Devil Jin and Geese are pretty high execution, especially Akuma and Geese, as they don't necessarily play like your standard Tekken character. If I was going to suggest a beginner character out of those 4, I'd say go with Bob. He's fairly basic.

If you're on PS4 and ever looking for games, my gamertag is EmpireEight.