What's new

Question 2 Health Bars vs 1

Dayvon

Noob
2 Health Bars vs 1

Injustice 2 has two health bars and no rounds. I've recently dabbled with Injustice Gods Among Us but I want some knowledge from players who know the game inside and out.

Are comebacks less likely due to the round not resetting? I feel like this favors the better player and I'm all for that.

Also can you guys explain the meta behind The Clash System?

I'm excited for Injustice 2 and I want to know as much as possible

Arzumis

Noob
Comebacks are definitely less likely

The clash system is like a breaker with a gambling aspect to it. Instead of just breaking to stop the combo, you wager your meter for health. if you wager more meter than your opponent you get health back, if the opponent wagers more meter than you they deal damage.

Last edited:
Depends what "comeback" means

Metaphorical match A
Round 1: I take 90% of my opponent's lifebar, s/he takes 100% of mine

In the MK system, to win I need to take my opponent's lifebar 100% twice to comeback. I'm not given any slack for going down swinging. I still have to deal an additional cumulative 200% damage over the course of the match instead of having to deal 110%. The cumulative amount of damage I deal in a winning situation in MK would be 290%, whereas my opponent would only need a cumulative of 200% because she won the first round. In that sense, the Injustice system is actually MORE comeback friendly.

Metaphorical match B:
I take 25% of my opponent's lifebar, she takes 100% of mine in the first round.

In the MK system, I'm not disproportionately punished for the severe loss in the first round. I'd have to deal with taking my opponent's lifebar twice even if I had got them down to the magic pixel. The only difference here is my opponprobably built less meter because I barely landed a hit.

In that sense, the MK system is more comeback friendly.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
The game had a lot of dirty setups so if you got a hit and made 1 or 2 good reads you could easily take a lifebar. The clash helps a lot with comebacks because if you had better meter management you pretty much had more health and a smart opponent will do unclashable combos if they were going to lose the clash and those combos only do like 20%. Pluso it makes comebacks more hype and rewarding imo

Dayvon

Noob
The game had a lot of dirty setups so if you got a hit and made 1 or 2 good reads you could easily take a lifebar. The clash helps a lot with comebacks because if you had better meter management you pretty much had more health and a smart opponent will do unclashable combos if they were going to lose the clash and those combos only do like 20%. Pluso it makes comebacks more hype and rewarding imo
Do unclashable combos work like unbreakable combos in MKX, with projectiles?

Thanks for the info guys.

Dayvon

Noob
Depends what "comeback" means

Metaphorical match A
Round 1: I take 90% of my opponent's lifebar, s/he takes 100% of mine

In the MK system, to win I need to take my opponent's lifebar 100% twice to comeback. I'm not given any slack for going down swinging. I still have to deal an additional cumulative 200% damage over the course of the match instead of having to deal 110%. The cumulative amount of damage I deal in a winning situation in MK would be 290%, whereas my opponent would only need a cumulative of 200% because she won the first round. In that sense, the Injustice system is actually MORE comeback friendly.

Metaphorical match B:
I take 25% of my opponent's lifebar, she takes 100% of mine in the first round.

In the MK system, I'm not disproportionately punished for the severe loss in the first round. I'd have to deal with taking my opponent's lifebar twice even if I had got them down to the magic pixel. The only difference here is my opponprobably built less meter because I barely landed a hit.

In that sense, the MK system is more comeback friendly.
Thanks for the in depth explanation! I love breaking down every aspect of the game. Even if it's health bars lol

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Do unclashable combos work like unbreakable combos in MKX, with projectiles?

Thanks for the info guys.
you can clash a projectile. universally all b3's and f3's are unclashable and for most moves the meterburned portion of the move is unclashable. for example if aquaman did trident rush you clash the first few hits but once the mb part of the move was activated it was unclashable.

Dayvon

Noob
you can clash a projectile. universally all b3's and f3's are unclashable and for most moves the meterburned portion of the move is unclashable. for example if aquaman did trident rush you clash the first few hits but once the mb part of the move was activated it was unclashable.
Ok good to know. Do you live in Florida? I feel like I heard of you before.