What's new

2 4 throw extension?

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
what is the timing for the throws in the 2 4 strings. everytime i go to do the final hit of it, i just do the leg sweep. when do i need to be hitting 2/4 for the extension?

Deity

Noob
It's a just-frame link. You have to press 2 or 4 as soon as you do 1+3. Mashing like hell works pretty well and if you play on stick you can p-link it.

just mash it. Also not trying to hit it but this question has been asked a ton of times. Im not a moderator but just ask this kinda stuff at the Q&A thread

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
thanks everyone for the pointers. ill try mashing it out, i was delaying it prior, assuming that there was an odd timing thing. but if its a just frame then i just gotta be moar faster.

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
blueNINE is by far the best Kung Lao I've ever seen to hit the just frame by hitting the button on that EXACT frame. If you told him to do it 50 times he'd do it 49 no lie.
^_^
thanks everyone for the pointers. ill try mashing it out, i was delaying it prior, assuming that there was an odd timing thing. but if its a just frame then i just gotta be moar faster.
No need to mash. Actually, mashing will be less consistent. The timing is actually very specific, and it's kind of late -- around the time Kung Lao extends the opponent's leg. If anything, you could double tap once (if you use stick).

Also, the timing is the same for both the 2 follow-up and the 4 follow-up.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Do you ever count to yourself? (one one-thousand two one-thousand) I usually cut off the "thousand" part, and just say "one one"

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I find that people use different cues, like learning styles. Seeing it visually works for some, feeling it and recalling muscle memory is kinesthetic learning, and others listen for it. I've found since using my hitbox that most of my cues are 'rhythmic', some combos sound like a mess until I find the right piano rhythms.

Just try everything but remember your options, seeing, hearing, feeling it out. Just mashing isn't any of these though, and won't lead to consistency.

^_^

No need to mash. Actually, mashing will be less consistent. The timing is actually very specific, and it's kind of late -- around the time Kung Lao extends the opponent's leg. If anything, you could double tap once (if you use stick).

Also, the timing is the same for both the 2 follow-up and the 4 follow-up.
are u sure that the timings the same i can do 4 almost everytime but i'm very inconsistent with 2

Zwooosh

Worst Lao Ever.
I find pressing 2 right as their leg reaches lao's side works well. For the 4 input pause for like quarter of a second then mash it out and it'll always come out.