What's new

1st Post MKXL Balance Patch?

Israel

Noob
Didnt know this was a Buff / Nerf Character specific thread. Oh wait, what am i kidding..every thread is.

Also with the unviersal balances..I would like to see:
-Less Plus or even make neutral on Neutral Jump Punch *on the way down*
-More Stages, por favor. i dont believe it would be hard to add new stages. In my opinion, its harder to create a character, than a Stage. So lets add some new ones!
-How about an extension to the story mode? or alternate endings for characters for unlock? Lets spice it up a bit dont u think? throw some items in the krypt?..im not asking NRS, im telling you..... dont ban me plz
:coffee:

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I've mentioned this is another post, but didnt get much attention.
What I hope they would change, is the current breaker system.

The gripe I have with the current blocker system, is that Block breakers and Combo Breakers are valued the same.
IMO -> Getting out of actual combo damage is way more valuable, than just getting out of pressure/chip/ even meter building.

However, as of the current both build combo breakers AND block breakers cost 2 bars + you and opponents stamina meter.
Whether you like the new change in depleting opponents stamina bar is debatable, but my point is that block breakers should be inherently cheaper in terms of resources because the action is less valuable.

what I am suggesting is to change the
block breaker system -> So that it still costs 2 bars but you get to keep your stamina!

That way it gives incentive to actually use the block breaker system, by knowing you still get to keep your movement options after getting out of deep pressure. It allows you to also block breaker after running in, or using interactables etc...

I've seen a lot of suggestion that block breakers cost 1 bar, but imo i do not think NRS is pushing for a push block/ burst heavy game" MKX is designed to be offensive oriented, it always as. So instead of making block breakers extremely accessible, I feel by keeping the stamina bars it finds a happy medium between both offence and defense.

What do you guys think?
I reread your post 5 times and I think your on to something. It's a good argument to make.

Gotta think on this.

I block brake from your wicked pressure.
I gain space and I'm quickly gain myself back into the neutral game.

I keep stamina with I can then use an intractable, dash back/forward. RC into my own offense.
I could just read the gaps in your pressure or string and maybe interrupt it with an armor special or 8-6-5 frame string or armored special.

There's options there but you make a good argument because I still have my stamina.

Interesting.
I agree.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I can't believe there are people who say antiairs are good in this game. How come that I NEVER see jumpins get DIRECTLY beaten by ground normals, as in during both of their active frames in all of the tournaments I watched? Truth is, antiairs are just situational the way they are now, considering a well spaced jump is practically nigh unbeatable by anything besides armor.. oh and they're +15 too.

Wigy

There it is...
first of all cage isn't supposed to have good anti airs other than ex nut punch. you know who is supposed to have good anti airs? jax and as a jax main i have ZERO problems anti airing (except online). like i said it's part balancing character's pro's and cons. jump in's aren't a huge risk against cage but do it against someone with good anti airs and it's a risk.
if you think they're too good that's your opinion and thats fine but if you're saying jump in's are brain dead i can't understand that
Who can consistently punish subzero/jax crossups on reaction or kotal/lao from range?

You're completely oblivious and wrong on this subject.

LIGUE

Noob
I reread your post 5 times and I think your on to something. It's a good argument to make.

Gotta think on this.

I block brake from your wicked pressure.
I gain space and I'm quickly gain myself back into the neutral game.

I keep stamina with I can then use an intractable, dash back/forward. RC into my own offense.
I could just read the gaps in your pressure or string and maybe interrupt it with an armor special or 8-6-5 frame string or armored special.

There's options there but you make a good argument because I still have my stamina.

Interesting.
I agree.
Thanks man, although im starting to think that maybe this thread wasn't the best place to post this either. Most people in this thread seem to be interested in character specific changes. I feel like my post will just get lost in the comments. Should I just make a separate thread about this (or would that be redundant? :S (I'm Pretty new on TYM :p)

But, you hit the nail on the head with my point! I feel like the blocker breaker system is under utilized because its just too expensive, but if a person knows they have all these options after a block breaker, than it will give them an incentive to actually use it!

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
The only thing I'd change about Kitana is giving her her old damage back. That's it. Basically, decrease damage scaling on Fan Throw/Air Fan.
And just a needless buff, but a buff nonetheless, could they make Fan Toss pushback less on hit? It's
to continuously have to do the run, then d1, then throw a fan.
Something else that bothers me about Kitana is that if you do Fan Toss while your opponent is in the air, you can't do a grounded fan and catch them with it.
...There is Air Fan and a ground fan. Both launch air opponents. Both lead to a full screen conversation on said airborne hit and can be used in full screen unbreakable dmg.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Thanks man, although im starting to think that maybe this thread wasn't the best place to post this either. Most people in this thread seem to be interested in character specific changes. I feel like my post will just get lost in the comments. Should I just make a separate thread about this (or would that be redundant? :S (I'm Pretty new on TYM :p)

But, you hit the nail on the head with my point! I feel like the blocker breaker system is under utilized because its just too expensive, but if a person knows they have all these options after a block breaker, than it will give them an incentive to actually use it!
It is too expensive indeed,if we keep the stamina as the friend above mentioned it will be a worthy move.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Universal changes, okay I'll keep my eyes on this topic.

Block breakers push back and cost one bar

All projectile pushback now doubled on block

Run startup frames increased by 5 frames

Telekinetic based characters are good

These are very balanced and non-biased changes.

LIGUE

Noob
I argued earlier that, block breakers should cost 2 bars but user gets to keep his stamina. Check out my earlier post and tell me what you think. But I am also curious as to why you think it should only cost 1 bar!

Also, other universal system changes I would like would be:

change throw breaks to from 50/50 guessing game -> Timing specific breaks.

Making throws a legit guessing game just never made sense to me. What does make sense is the fact that if you are caught blocking while being throwed then you lose the ability to tech I am for this. But when people tech throws in this game I am 100% sure that most of the time its by accident via trying to mash out your string! Teching should be done on purpose not a comeplete guessing game.

The window in my opinion should be more akin to that of SF, hitting grab nearly the same time as the opponent does is a good way to make sure you aren't sleeping. I think they over did it with the tech window in injustice, which was so big that you could practically be looking on IG, or TYM posts before hitting the tech button aha

omooba

fear the moobs
Who can consistently punish subzero/jax crossups on reaction or kotal/lao from range?

Again I can with jax consistent. All the damn time.
I'm just gonna stop replying now cus again you said jip is brain dead.

Wigy

There it is...
Again I can with jax consistent. All the damn time.
I'm just gonna stop replying now cus again you said jip is brain dead.
Just about everyone except you agrees. Its way too easy to do and way too hard to deal with at certain ranges unless you have armour. Dont care about my wording. The risk reward is stupid, just cause jax has all of the best antiair normals and you can deal with them doesnt make it ok.

Not wanting jax's stupid stupid ass jip nerfed im guessing.

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!

I have blown up lao and kotal jump in punches from range with scorpion's standing 3 into a full combo in the beta. No armor or bar of meter required...

Kitana:
-Make D1 6F of start up and +15 on hit
-Make F1 double hitting and 11F
-Make B1 8F
-Give her the old damage back
-Make booty charge safe on block and give it better recovery
-Give her a new D3/D4

Mileena:
-Give her a sai on her new D1 just like Kitana's
-Make B1 7F of start-up and a true mid so people can actually complain with a true reason to do so
-Make telekick safe on block and 10F of start-up
-Make F1 10F of start-up
-Make F12B4 +2 on block
For Mileena, yes. For Kitana, no. Fuck her.