What's new

Video/Tutorial 1st ever Green Lantern Combo Reset Tutorial

zaf

professor
I don't understand. How this would be a viable reset, nothing in that reset would open your opponent up...they can just block.
It looks like a dropped combo, and as he passes by with that blockstring it is picking them up.
I don't think it is a reset. jer was doing the same shit to me with Killer frost.
He would accidentally drop a combo and a slide would come out a little after i touched the ground and it would hit me.
I think that the time you stay on the ground is just very short.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
It looks like a dropped combo, and as he passes by with that blockstring it is picking them up.
I don't think it is a reset. jer was doing the same shit to me with Killer frost.
He would accidentally drop a combo and a slide would come out a little after i touched the ground and it would hit me.
I think that the time you stay on the ground is just very short.
Exactly, a low or overhead would make this a reset, B13 would work better.

Marvaz

come at me
hell yeah this is legit! Loving it bro, keep up the good work... On a serious note, I have found a legit way to incorporate a reset into mixups/etc. Its a true GL vortex.

zaf

professor
Exactly, a low or overhead would make this a reset, B13 would work better.
no a low or an overhead would make this an american standing reset. Ill check out this in the lab.
There is not that much information in the video.

zaf

professor
OK so i ve been testing in the lab

After the meter burned lift, you can go for the 223.

In the video the cpu gets picked back up after the MB lift by the 223. However the cpu in the video is not set to block or auto block.

I put on auto-block, and the cpu was able to block the "reset" part. So it is an american reset.
you drop the combo on purpose and go for a mix up.

instead of 223, you can go for a high/low mix up.

This is not a cyrax reset at all.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight

In the video the cpu gets picked back up after the MB lift by the 223. However the cpu in the video is not set to block or auto block.

I put on auto-block, and the cpu was able to block the "reset" part. So it is an american reset.

It's a Jade TaC reset.

SwooshComboTuts

Youtube: AllPurposeNA
Ye

Yeah i know it's not a cyrax reset, thats unblockable. Majority of players don't block well at all so this will work 8/10 times

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Ye
Yeah i know it's not a cyrax reset, thats unblockable. Majority of players don't block well at all so this will work 8/10 times
Random will get hit by this 8/10 Times. This will work against an actual high level player once every 1000 and that will probably is Chris G getting super salty as always and throwing his hands up forgetting to block.

SwooshComboTuts

Youtube: AllPurposeNA
Random will get hit by this 8/10 Times. This will work against an actual high level player once every 1000 and that will probably is Chris G getting super salty as always and throwing his hands up forgetting to block.
I have another reset i just found stringing combos together Im uploading it to youtube right now so check back in like 15 minutes, i want your Opinion on it!

Ca$hFlagg

Online » Offline
Same setup as your last video. Dropped MB LM into normal on get up animation.

Its good for online randoms..

Being +7 at worst is a nice place to be.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Yo how dare you touch a Tity Boi beat?! Have some respect for your Hip-Hop fathers lmfao.
Yo You could have just done the example with numbers though bro.
Saves time. You didn't have to make a separate slide for 360/PS3

You can get more Damage i just dropped the combo and didn't care it kept frustrating me lol

People would block this, however you can go for 50/50s after this. Thanks for the post but this is not a reset, its at best a vortex, but i appreciate the effort if you ever find more stuff keep posting man.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i think people are missing the point of "reset" he explained in his video what his definition of a reset is, so from that logic you can conclude it is not an inescapable, i get what he is trying to say.
SwooshComboTuts my advice is learn the terminology here so that people know exactly what you are tying to say, because "reset" is the dirtiest word in mk9 and most of the players here played mk9 before, i would call this a set up, and "ghetto" reset, a mind game, but most people will get angry for you calling something a reset when it doesn't fit there definition on a "reset", TRUST ME this community is both good and bad in this regard, and there are a select few who go out there way just to make you feel like shit for posting information that has different meaning to what they are used to. oh and keep up the good work man :)

i think people are missing the point of "reset" he explained in his video what his definition of a reset is, so from that logic you can conclude it is not an inescapable, i get what he is trying to say.
SwooshComboTuts my advice is learn the terminology here so that people know exactly what you are tying to say, because "reset" is the dirtiest word in mk9 and most of the players here played mk9 before, i would call this a set up, and "ghetto" reset, a mind game, but most people will get angry for you calling something a reset when it doesn't fit there definition on a "reset", TRUST ME this community is both good and bad in this regard, and there are a select few who go out there way just to make you feel like shit for posting information that has different meaning to what they are used to. oh and keep up the good work man :)
well said, I've seen people driven away because of certain people, even tournament players, people need to wise up these days.