What's new

Video/Tutorial 129% combo no reset

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Myabe its because I'm a tournament player and only care about useful things but videos like this or combo videos in general don't excite me. Mostly it just clutters up the information that I can actually use. In some rare cases there is something worth pulling from them but this isn't one of the cases.
10/10 would laugh again.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
-this will always be a world of snips-
I think people care more about this video than your opinion. Theres the door, since we aren't going to pat you on the back and try to mend your hurt feelings. If you don't like it, theres no reason to stay and theres not many people who are going to miss someone who would rather criticize someone putting the effort to make a video than praise them for the effort and idea behind it, impractical as it may be.

If you don't like it, leave. If you don't care for it, don't give your opinion. Your words are as meaningful posted as they are unwritten.
As crimson said: Sour grapes, unnecessary., etc etc

F

For sure. Double grave rot as well. I'm just not seeing how he gets that much more damage, haha. Is there some kind of defense debuff shazam gets while his trait is cooling down or active or something? I'll do more testing when I get off work.
Burd, I just got 143% corner reset from that 5 bar idea you and Nooby were talking about before!!!))

Erm.. 1truking I really don't want to have to do this -- but there's no sense in ruining this thread with sour grapes; if you aren't happy with the thread, just don't post in it. But combo showcase threads are perfectly valid. Please relax and let everyone who finds this useful enjoy the topic.
I don't think you know what sour grapes means. The term refers to being upset because something is unobtainable. It doesn't apply to me or this situation. If I wanted some sort of recognition I'd post the black adam trait glitch that people still haven't figure out or I'd put out my own combo videos.

If you want to say negative attitude that would be more appropriate but again I think these shouldn't be in their own post put them in the push the damage thread or a combo exhibition thread. I see people talk about these combo's being practical who don't play grundy all the time and it leads to complaints that he's overpowered. Love to see him get nerfed because NRS see's one of these and thinks its all practical.

10/10 would laugh again.
Next time I visit wnf you can laugh to my face. I'm way funnier in person. Actually may head down to vindication still undecided.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I don't think you know what sour grapes means. The term refers to being upset because something is unobtainable. It doesn't apply to me or this situation. If I wanted some sort of recognition I'd post the black adam trait glitch that people still haven't figure out or I'd put out my own combo videos.
I don't think you know what "don't post in this thread because you are ruining it" means.. But I'm going to have to enforce it if you can't stop whining.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Don't you guys know? Lord Truking is our savior and we are his lost flock. How dare we talk back to our messiah for he will crush us with his WNF champion titles.

Thank you based Truking. We are not worthy.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Don't you guys know? Lord Truking is our savior and we are his lost flock. How dare we talk back to our messiah for he will crush us with his WNF champion titles.

Thank you based Truking. We are not worthy.
How can he hope to win without these 129% combos?

I mean the guy plays grundy (if he does) so hope is not high since he is just playing a poor man's Bane.

I don't think you know what "don't post in this thread because you are ruining it" means.. But I'm going to have to enforce it if you can't stop whining.
I'd also have to point out you're not doing your job as a moderator since this topic could've and should've been including in the push the damage thread. There is no point to having it as a seperate topic when there is a comprehensive topic that covers it.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Whats the point of posting the topic in the first place. Its usless. It requires you to do 2 grave rots and starts with a jump 2. It really isn't even stylish.

People seem more interested in furthering useless damage than anything else. If you have a problem with me say it to me offline otherwise I'll gladly post my worthless opinion along with all the other worthless topics here.

Honestly what happened. When TYM was created it was to further high level play. All the garbage was to be left at MKU. Now I see whiny posts complaining about characters begging for nerfs/buffs. Gameplay discussions are rare even in the gameplay threads. This is garbage I'd expect at MKU not here.
And you're the kind of asshole I'd expect to be lurking at MKU but I don't go around parading it.

And you're the kind of asshole I'd expect to be lurking at MKU but I don't go around parading it.
I've been here since the site started. Moved over from MKU because the place was being run down by some terrible mod work. That issue was later fixed but this site was originally created for an offline scene. Tournament play and practical gameplay discussion was at the heart of the split from MKU in the first place.

Call me an asshole I'll admit to that but doesn't change the fact that I'm right. Stroll around forums and look at people who mention combo's like this as being a norm for grundy. Any who plays grundy knows that its difficult to build meter with him because you're burning a lot of meter. His practial damage is 50-71%. In the corner he has an 83% combo that is also practical.

There is a thread in this forum specifically for things like this. Pushing the damage regardless of whether it's practical or not. A mod should have moved this to that thread because its not really anything new. There isn't anything practical about the combo it's simply a high damage combo and belongs in the push the damage thread.

Posting its own topic as opposed to putting it in the pushing the damage thread implies that there is something new in it and/or useful. Neither is the case. Its a nice combo but doesn't warrant its own topic.

Honestly I'm disappointed in the forum. It seems people would rather work on impractical combos then work on the character. Some of the forums on here put this one to shame but then again we put others to shame. There's still a lot to be discovered with this character and a lot of strategy goes unnoticed.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
1truking

As Grundy mod, I'm going to use my power right now and say that this thread stays. That's it. There is no point to keep talking about it. Do not de-rail this thread anymore.