What's new

Tech 123 Knockdown Frame-Trap.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Guys I'm not sure if this tech. has been discussed or mentioned before but I'm gonna go ahead and explain it. Once you land 123 and knock the opp. down you can rush down and start a F3 into further mix-ups or grab (character special). It does require you too execute on the frame so once you dash up you have to start the F3 on the exact frame that he recovers. Your opp. has no choice but to block the F3 or they well be bounced into a combo.

DS has a ridiculous F3 it's ambiguous and if held it lowers his hit box almost like Catwoman's stance. Once you let go it's so fast that you know it's coming but you get hit by it, so in other words you have to respect it. Please don't just be throwing F3s all over the match that's very amateur and 6 or 5 frame moves will hit you out of your move. I forgot to mention F3 and B3 are +10 on block.

His B3 has a fucking crazy tactic but I'm in a rush so I can't explain it here but for those who played PS:All Stars in the past few months, DS B3 works like the Fish weapon lmao.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Sorry, I didn't have time to proof read and I just did. It was messed up so for anyone who read it and didn't understand, I'm sorry I proof read just now and fixed it.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
I thoroughly tested this tech and it works on every character so far. I'd like to hear more from the higher level player for I'm aiming to discover more ground breaking Techs and Strats. with Deathstroke than to do combos. Clearly the character is designed to be more complex as he is in the gadget category.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
no cause they're knocked on their ass and by the time their wake up registers Deathstroke's F3 is already engaged and because it's such a fast move I happen to hit every single wake-up, bouncing them into full combo.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
If you smell something and want insurance on the F3 than use 1 bar. Deathstroke has no problem gaining meter.

Vagrant

Noob
I literally would have to test this against every wakeup in the game. I don't understand why they wouldn't be able to just wakeup. The knock down from 123 isn't untechable.

GGA Dizzy GGA 16 Bit Slips

Can one of you clear this up? This doesn't sound right.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Vagrant

No idea, havent looked into if it is techable or not. If it's techable (set dummy to roll mode ON), then that will obviously get you away.

I don't see why good wakeups wouldnt beat this. Set Flash to wakeup with flying uppercut, GL to wake up with lift, etc.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
What do you mean its not untechable? They can't wake up in time. You have more frame advantage than they do. I'd like to hear more but in the mean time everyone has fallen to hell with this set up against me online or offline. What makes this special is the property of his F3 its really weird the hitbox is like Kabals F4. This HAS to be done to the frame its like DoctrineDark techs, must be done on the frame.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You can test it, go into training mode and do the setup with wakeup attack set on against Flash doing Flying Uppercut.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Guys I'm not sure if this tech. has been discussed or mentioned before but I'm gonna go ahead and explain it. Once you land 123 and knock the opp. down you can rush down and start a F3 into further mix-ups or grab (character special). It does requirf2f rosse you too execute on the frame so once you dash up you have to start the F3 on the exact frame that he recovells. Your opp. has no choice but to block the F3 or they well be bounced into a combo.

DS has a ridiculous F3 it's ambiguous and if held it lowers his hit box almost like Catwoman's stance. Once you let go it's so fast that you know it's coming but you get hit by it, so in other words you have to respect it. Please don't just be throwing F3s all over the match that's very amateur and 6 or 5 frame moves will hit you out of your move. I forgot to mention F3 and B3 are +10 on block.

His B3 has a fucking crazy tactic but I'm in a rush so I can't explain it here but for those who played PS:All Stars in the past few months, DS B3 works like the Fish weapon lmao.
Lol, I just found this out last night excpet with his rain kicks (23). Good shit dude! Yeah you can get overheads with f3, lows with b1u2, or a throw. Same tactic can be done if you end a combo in sword flip. You can dash once or twice, depending on the distance, and get a throw or jump for a cross up with ji1/2/3. If you do a sword flip to end a corner combo you get more options such as f3 and b1u2. I'm gonna test this at vsm tonight.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Guys I found new properties as I just tested it with every character. So basically this tech works only if your opp. doesn't have an anti-air wake-up. Any anti-air wake up will beat Deathstroke out of his F3, if you armored you just wasted a bar. with Flash uppercut, they just trade spots, Flash will uppercut under DS and DS will flip over the Flash. Again all anti-air wake-ups will null this tech :(

However this is the strategy I came up with to work around those situations (obviously you have to know the MU and be aware of every wake-up your opp. has) If they happen to have an anti-air wake-up and they are familiar with this DS tech what you can do is dash up to them and cross them up at the same frame that the dash recovers. What will happen is your opp. will whiff their wake-up and eat a cross up combo. Or you can just jump over and reposition yourself.

So at this time I guess this is not a vortex or a reset but strategies, mind-games and 50/50 mix-ups based on Deathstroke's knockdown set-ups. Since he's very fast and ambiguous with his up close moves it still makes him very dangerous each time DS knocks his opp. down.

Let me know what you guys think, or have come up with. Let's break this character down and see what he's capable of or DoctrineDark will beat us to it :p lmao.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Guys I found new properties as I just tested it with every character. So basically this tech works only if your opp. doesn't have an anti-air wake-up. Any anti-air wake up will beat Deathstroke out of his F3, if you armored you just wasted a bar. with Flash uppercut, they just trade spots, Flash will uppercut under DS and DS will flip over the Flash. Again all anti-air wake-ups will null this tech :(

However this is the strategy I came up with to work around those situations (obviously you have to know the MU and be aware of every wake-up your opp. has) If they happen to have an anti-air wake-up and they are familiar with this DS tech what you can do is dash up to them and cross them up at the same frame that the dash recovers. What will happen is your opp. will whiff their wake-up and eat a cross up combo. Or you can just jump over and reposition yourself.

So at this time I guess this is not a vortex or a reset but strategies, mind-games and 50/50 mix-ups based on Deathstroke's knockdown set-ups. Since he's very fast and ambiguous with his up close moves it still makes him very dangerous each time DS knocks his opp. down.

Let me know what you guys think, or have come up with. Let's break this character down and see what he's capable of or DoctrineDark will beat us to it :p lmao.

i believe the term ur looking for is Oki Setups. But anyways so your saying that if u get a knock down, you can dash in and f3 and it'll blow up a ton of wakeups? what if they techroll and wakeup?

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Axel_Redd You cannot tech roll in NRS games once you're knocked down. It beats around 60% wake-ups in this game. It's more of an advance strategy because this tech does require you to know the MU and how well you play mind games in general. If you know you can't beat a certain wake-up at a very precise moment you can armor the F3 and blow EVERY wake-up in the game. Wake-ups that travel like Ares God Smack or Flash LU, you can just armor B3, this one requires way more timing and spacing. Overall this character has some crazy stuff going on that people are sleeping on, I main a very nasty Kabal and DS restricted frame timing and execution (yes difficult execution from DS) reminds me so much of Kabal.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
you can tech roll as soon as you hit the ground. unless its a hard knockdown

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Didn't I just say IT IS A HARDKNOCK DOWN lol :p

Plus I figured he as an inconsistent OTG with B1U2 after a HardKnockDown. The second hit has hit almost the cast out of their wake-ups. This character is nuts. So far there are vortexes and otg's and none stop mindgames with this character.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Not all special moves are invincible on wake-up. Most characters only have 1 or 2 moves with wake-up invincibility. Deathstroke's only invincible wakeup option is Sword Spin. Killer Frost's is Black Ice. Green Lantern's is Lantern's Might. You basically just have to go into practice mode and experiment against different wake-up attacks. As long as the attack doesn't qualify for wakeup invincibility, DS can beat it out with almost any move, including f3 and j3 crossup. As far as I know, every character has the tools to beat non-invincible wakeup moves.

Any move that does have wake-up invincibility will beat out anything except a cross-up, depending on the move. For instance, if you try to MB-b3 a wake-up Lantern's Might, you and GL with hit each other but the attacks will pass through one another, just as if GL used an armored move as well.