What's new

122 Enhanced Arrow Frame trap

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hi guys.

I have only started using Nightwolf and I am ruff around the edges, but I have found something that is pretty useful as far as keeping the opponent locked down at your feet.

When 122 hits, enhanced Arrows will combo in, and give you +21 advantage for another 122/1.

The advantage is slightly less from a regular arrow from 122, but you must land it in a JIP to keep the opponent as close as possible after 122 so when the arrow hits, you are still in 1 distance.

The basic idea would be JIP, :fp:bp:bp:d:l:fp, :r:r, :fp:bp:bp:fp (Hit Confirm into another) :fp:bp:bp :en Axe - On block 0 frames, press for :fp:bp:bp:fp... Etc.

I am not an expert NW player, but I found this to be quite useful, as the opponent is forced to stay within your :r:fk or :fp pressure even on hit.

Thanks

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Damn you GLUE! This is my new tech I have been keeping a secret. I even told Karnage about it (not all of it) in a pm.

I was gonna reveal it on thursday night at Atlanta Battle and Brew. since the cat is out of the bag let me explain exactly how good this is.

It actually works the same with both reg arrow and eh arrow. You can dash in for a free 1221 or f312 string. The best thing is that you can trap them in an eh lightning if they even just tap the block button. I've been using it for a few weeks now and have told only pig, Ed, cat, and morty Seinfeld.

So let's say I catch you in one of three strings:
122 arrow
B22 arrow
11 arrow

If the opponent thinks I'm going to do eh lightning and try's to do ANYTHING besides block, I get a free combo for 40%. If they block the combo they eat the eh lightning for 33%. Either way it is over 50%. Ill make a video to share and post tonight about it.

Damn u GLUE!

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Johnny Cage wishes he had this frame trap.

This is probably worse than Quan Chi... why would NW ever use X-ray? wouldn't he be able to loop this 3 times if he wanted... just the arrow trap?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Also fly mixes in d1 into ex axe into d1 axe and this not only adds crazy pressure that's safe but all together excels highly in chip

And of course if either axe hits then here comes 40%.

NW is a lot like jax but not as good

If f3 were a true low starter there would be 70% more NW players

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Johnny Cage wishes he had this frame trap.

This is probably worse than Quan Chi... why would NW ever use X-ray? wouldn't he be able to loop this 3 times if he wanted... just the arrow trap?
It's a frame trap...it's blockable...but that's when the eh lightning kicks in....don't worry video on its way.

Pig Of The Hut

It has to hit but if they block that's where u mix up d1 axe or ex axe pressure

After ex axe dash d1 axe works well

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
wow what a coincidence, i actually stumbled upon this last night because i felt like picking up night wolf. So about 5 minutes into training mode i was going through his move list and seeing what was special move cancellable, when i found this string i was like "OMG I GET ADVANTAGE AND CRAZY METER BUILD!!!" My nightwolf sucks but i was playing with TEST YOUR MIGHT and Scoot Mcgee yesterday trying to use em, it was pretty fun. I noticed that it gives great advantage and great meter build on block when you go in for the pressure.

EDIT: just read through flys post. GODDAMN this is way better than I thought it to be. I though it was only with eh arrows but if I can use no meter to set this up then that's bonkers!!! Great find

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I thought the advantage was on block... geez. I need to read more carefully. Still... eff almost everything about this!!!

Welcome back to relevance NW.

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
So it's +21 adv on hit eh... that means you can do whatever you want after the arrow.

Can they try to jump the arrow? duck it? D1?

Pig Of The Hut

Fly will record an IMPROMPTU video tonight and try to explain it

Also everyone tune in to www.twitch.tv/funkyp tomorrow at 7:30pm for our tourney atlanta BNB and fly plans to use this all night

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Damn you GLUE! This is my new tech I have been keeping a secret. I even told Karnage about it (not all of it) in a pm.

I was gonna reveal it on thursday night at Atlanta Battle and Brew. since the cat is out of the bag let me explain exactly how good this is.

It actually works the same with both reg arrow and eh arrow. You can dash in for a free 1221 or f312 string. The best thing is that you can trap them in an eh lightning if they even just tap the block button. I've been using it for a few weeks now and have told only pig, Ed, cat, and morty Seinfeld.

So let's say I catch you in one of three strings:
122 arrow
B22 arrow
11 arrow

If the opponent thinks I'm going to do eh lightning and try's to do ANYTHING besides block, I get a free combo for 40%. If they block the combo they eat the eh lightning for 33%. Either way it is over 50%. Ill make a video to share and post tonight about it.

Damn u GLUE!
Sorry man, I don't know any of your boys, I stumbled upon this when 12gauge said when you land an arrow full screen you can bag a lightning, so I thought since his jab is way faster than the lightning, if I chain an arrow in off a combo surly I would have frame advantage from it into f3 or 1. Makes perfect sense.

I thought that this must have been used before, but when i scanned the forums and seen that no one mentioned it, I thought no one had found it yet, and considering it could only make NW better, I decided to share.

Sorry to spoil man.

I have been watching your NW and it inspired me to start using him.

LEGEND

YES!
Also fly mixes in d1 into ex axe into d1 axe and this not only adds crazy pressure that's safe but all together excels highly in chip

And of course if either axe hits then here comes 40%.

NW is a lot like jax but not as good

If f3 were a true low starter there would be 70% more NW players
lol, i said the same exact thing last night when i heard about this

Mosp

Noob
I wonder if it was a low at one point in testing but they just considered it too good or something and just took it out because it beats out parries which should only lose to lows. I can't imagine them doing that on purpose but who knows.

I wonder if it was a low at one point in testing but they just considered it too good or something and just took it out because it beats out parries which should only lose to lows. I can't imagine them doing that on purpose but who knows.
There's a few non lows that beat parries. Offhand I know that Mileena's roll does. It seems like it's not a hit level thing, it's where the active hitbox on the attack is. If it's below the waist, the attack can't be parried.