What's new

Breakthrough - Johnny Cage 114 just frame combo

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Was going to put this in the combo thread but last time I did that someone did their version of it and made a thread on it and got all the propage
:(

Yes I know some people can argue just frames are not practical but unlike other just frame combos there is no reason not to attemp this when the 4 hits because you can't do anything else either way(unless airborne) fuck it go for it.

It obviously works in all variations but it's better to showcase with Stunt Double.

The trick is when you see them flip hit the D3.

Dja_Homies

Kaz...... I'm already a Fiddle.
114 d3 mimic shadow kick 12 12 113 ex NP f3 NP is cool.
Don't remember exact notation since I'm not near a system

IrishMantis

I might be mistaken, but I remember @coconutshrimp talking about this in march, but it's good to have it in a video. God bless the 7f d3 (-9 though :/)

With Fc in the corner, besides this, I like to use 114db and if the 4 connects press 4 to get a flipkick into combo.
Oh he did!

Props to him so

Yeah at least we have video of it happening

IrishMantis

I might be mistaken, but I remember @coconutshrimp talking about this in march, but it's good to have it in a video. God bless the 7f d3 (-9 though :/)

With Fc in the corner, besides this, I like to use 114db and if the 4 connects press 4 to get a flipkick into combo.
Where did he say it btw because I'm not counting a PM :p

So you can confirm the 4 on hit? I never actually thought you could but never tried neither

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Where did he say it btw because I'm not counting a PM :p

So you can confirm the 4 on hit? I never actually thought you could but never tried neither

It was first days of march, in beta forums or Cage forums. Anyway, he will confirm if he remembers. He should have done a video in any case xD

The timing is a bit tight, actually. Probably going for the d3 is more consistent when practiced than this.

IrishMantis

It was first days of march, in beta forums or Cage forums. Anyway, he will confirm if he remembers. He should have done a video in any case xD

The timing is a bit tight, actually. Probably going for the d3 is more consistent when practiced than this.
Sure try Flipkick you miss then timing go for D3 win/win

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie

Thanks and yes I did talk about it in this thread http://testyourmight.com/threads/johnny-cage-1-12.58926/page-2

here's the post I made in that thread

The B2 nerf and the D4 nerf imo don't hurt Cage much if at all. I think machine gunning D4 is fucking (soap bar in my mouth)

and for SD Cage with D4 MSK not being a legit block string, It doesn't matter to much because who is blocking low vs Cage?

Once you get them blocking low if for some reason they do block low, you've opened them up for an overhead.

The B2 nerf imo doesn't matter too much when 121 gives you a 100% guaranteed safe setup for mimics/fistbump. The only thing that it changes is no more hard-to-blockable armor breaking 50/50s from B2. You can still do it from 114 but it doesn't work on everyone.

Also since Cage's D3 is 7 frames now, 114 in the corner combos into D3 Nut/EX Nut and it makes F24 into F24 nut punch more consistent in SD and Fisticuffs.
Like @IrishMantis said it doesn't work on females but it works on practically everyone else.

llabslb

R1D1_998
With A list I think there's more combo capability because you can actually cancel the 114 and get a F3 for a full combo.