What's new

114 corner combo

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Since 114 in the corner is the weakest combo starter I keep looking for ways to make it more damaging.

Best ones so far are

114 114 kiss Dk 21cartwheel 1 1 112 for 31%
114 MS B2 JumpKick 1 B21Cartwheel 112 for 31%
114 MSB2 Jumpkick 1 1 314xxCartwheel 112 for 32% <-- Way easier than all the others and does the most damage. Also its finally given a use for the 314 string :D

Wondering if anybody else has found anything above 32% cause I cant do it without using F22 MSxxDK

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Wow only 31% in the corner with SB ? Or this is the easiest to hit confirm with ?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Wow only 31% in the corner with SB ? Or this is the easiest to hit confirm with ?
All of the combos that start with 114 are her weakest combos, start with anything else in the corner and its between 45-50% meterless. I'm just trying to find a better combo for 114

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
All of the combos that start with 114 are her weakest combos, start with anything else in the corner and its between 45-50% meterless. I'm just trying to find a better combo for 114
Why not just go with the other ones then ?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Why not just go with the other ones then ?
Cause the 114 string is too important to ignore. Gotta know all your options anyway. Also you can use the 114 string to set up your other options but you can hit confirm 114 into a combo too.

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
Good stuff, I've found myself in a 114MS situation in the corner more than once.

My default was usually 114MS B2 1 1 1 21Kartwheel 112. Equaled out to around 25%

Definitely gonna spend some time in the lab with this.

Shady

Noob
Yeah, I've been trying to find something stronger off 1,1,4 for her two, last two days in the lab. It's a really good string that gives you so many options on block and hit, I just feel there has to be something that pushes her into 30s off it.. The new dash system is throwing me the fuck off though when I try to link stuff I think I should be able too... If I come up with something before you (which I doubt :( ) I'll definitely post it up in here.

Shady

Noob
Quick clear, those are damage values without the jip right? I got a 28% right now into 1,1,2 at the end, but I feel like I can push it past 31.... A little bit of a different approach to the 1,1,4 MS cancels, I feel. If I'm right, expect the video tonight, if I'm wrong, oh well, no harm in trying.

Shady

Noob
Okay, here is what I have so far, like I said, it might not be new, but if it is... here it is, it's only 29% right now into reset.... Disregard the part where I say 49%, I was having a brain freeze :).... It's fairly easy to do as well, and the MS switch up makes it safe on block because you can always do other things off it.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Pretty sure I've found the one now.

114 MSB2 Jumpkick 1 1 314xxCartwheel 112 for 32%

Way easier than all the others and does the most damage.

Shady

Noob
this combo on 46% + chip damage MS => f+1~d,f+3
Cool combo, knew about that one already. We were more looking for the combos starting with 114 string. I know that other strings do more damage, but just because of how good 1,1,4 is as a starter f0xy wanted a practical way to use it in a corner.

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
Turns out 114 114 kiss doesnt work on Mileena
I have no enemy in one does not work.

so you are looking for maximum damage after 114 (and at the end of 112.If so then I can find something:)) or are you looking for a version with a 114 and using the "kiss" in this combo?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I have no enemy in one does not work.

so you are looking for maximum damage after 114 (and at the end of 112.If so then I can find something:)) or are you looking for a version with a 114 and using the "kiss" in this combo?
Nah basically what I'm looking for is a corner combo that starts from 114 that does more than 32% and is relatively easy to do, the best I've come up with so far is 114 MSB2 Jumpkick 1 1 314xxCartwheel 112

cant you do cartwheel right after 114?
Yea, you can. But seems to me they come out of the cartwheel lower than with other strings making it harder to follow up with anything substantial afterwards. I haven't ever been able to hit with anything from MS. Even b2,1,f2 is tough for me to land. Could just be me, though.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Quick question about the MSC. I'm just picking sonya up. Does MSC provide you with faster recovery after some strings and/or all strings? I see the MSC in a few combos here and there and I'm curious.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
You can cancel out of the MS to link in moves like 112 after a 314 in the corner, typically after a block string ur gonna wanna do a MS attack either sweep or overhead since the attacks are only interuptable by a few things in the game.

MS is basically all 1 massive mindgame, everytime you go into it you gotta make ur opponent fear the mixup from it. Once they respect that a whole load of options open up, just depends on how the opponent reacts to a certain situation.