What's new

Tech - Tempest 112124 ex orbiting hat Block string never left?

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
start up frames?
The point of the video is that Kung Lao locks the opponent in a blockstring in which the opponent doesn't have the opportunity to get his Armoured EX moves to blow up Kung Lao, Because the opponent is still in Block Stun from the EX Hat Spin (( +12 on Block ))

Set the Ai to Duck Setting while ""Stance"" Blocking ... (( Don't Set it to Always Blocking, but Stance blocking )) ... i think the 1 will whiff
I Haven't tested it but im guessing it would only whiff on some characters ( ie cassie , jacqui d'vorah etc)

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
alright, it's too inconsistent

the 2nd hit of 11 will randomly whiff, and on crouch block the AI will randomly armor between the hits.

it's enough against a human opponent tho

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
This is a function of a universal mechanic. A lot of highs cannot be neutral crouched in situations where there is enough frame advantage. This is applied to hit advantage as well as block advantage. It's a reason why you cannot duck the first hit of Liu Kangs f12 when he run cancels into it.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
If you want to guarantee a 112124 after a blocked EX Hat Spin, I have found that doing B2 EX Hat Spin leaves them close enough to jail the string. You don't have to run cancel it either, just input 112124.

HOWEVER, there appears to be some inconsistency where the first part of 212 will whiff. But no human is reacting to that small gap, and the 212 part of the string will break almost all armored reversals in the game anyway.

Boys everytime I try this against Scorpion or Sub-Zero they hit me with D4s. Is it possible to stuff D4s with 11 after ex orbiting hat ??
No. Well, only if they wait too long to D4 because the first 1 will get low profiled, but the second 1 won't.

Condition them to keep blocking by following up with a D4 of your own.

Kevin Kusanagi

"Learn from this Playa"
Also keep in mind while Lao's d4 is good you don't really have a reason to duck him because his best mix up is a grab or if he will commit to his strings... he has no low starter so i'm pretty sure people don't want to eat a B2... sure he has f2,3 but that string has a gap and i'm pretty sure you can fuzzy guard... but Lao is good at conditioning but for the most part i don't think you wanna duck him.... so chances are you can pull this off.

Also keep in mind while Lao's d4 is good you don't really have a reason to duck him because his best mix up is a grab or if he will commit to his strings... he has no low starter so i'm pretty sure people don't want to eat a B2... sure he has f2,3 but that string has a gap and i'm pretty sure you can fuzzy guard... but Lao is good at conditioning but for the most part i don't think you wanna duck him.... so chances are you can pull this off.
Yeah. There's not a good reason to defend anything starting with crouch blocking unless you see the first hit of F23. Don't even need to fuzzy it. It's super recognizable. 112124 is a long enough string for the opponent to just start holding down as soon as they start blocking it. Then keep holding down and let go of block and just mash a D4. B2 is slow enough from here for you to out prioritize it. D4 will low pro a follow up 11 usually.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
ok so, i'll say this, maybe some of you would agree...

Lao is not about JAILING pressure like A-list or DF kang, not anymore.

it's about conditioning your opponent to do something you want him to do after ex hat.

you want him to block? use d4 / f2, then throw him once he respect the guaranteed stuff

you want him to tech / duck a throw? stagger 11s / b3s, then go for b2 or full 112124

you want him to armor / poke? go for no guaranteed stuff like run 11 or b3 after ex hat, then bait the armor / poke.

this is the meta, at least for me... nothing new maybe, just wanted to point that out for those who think that it's still about jailing

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Sometimes you need to record the the jailing string and then control the defender and try to armor/poke out. That is the only way to truely test if something jails as the ai automatically stand blocks certain moves. It doesn't always matter if you set them to block always or duck stance block.

Kevin Kusanagi

"Learn from this Playa"
No it doesn't. You can still poke. There's no way you can cover the distance needed to jail in 4frames like you used to.
it jails... i'm clearly showing it right here.... but on crouching opponent's it seems like it doesn't. i'ts just VERY difficult to do.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
it jails... i'm clearly showing it right here.... but on crouching opponent's it seems like it doesn't. i'ts just VERY difficult to do.
I'm sorry, but I think this is incorrect. In the last version of this game, 11 only jailed if you did a 4f run cancel that got you right next to your opponent. There was no pushback after ex hat spin in that version and without that 4f run cancel performed perfectly, you could poke out. I find it hard to believe that WITH the pushback you would be able to cover the same distance or jail from a farther distance. Putting the ai on reversal doesn't always prove something. Record the inputs as Kung Lao and try to poke out yourself (after blocking the string low).