What's new

Question 112 + Swamp Hands Timing?

KGB

Noob
I'm starting to learn Grundy and I'm able to do most of the moves and combos fairly consistently except for one. For the life of me I can't get the timing down on the 112 Swamp Hands combo. I just keep doing 112 without being able to insert the Swamp Hands. Once in a blue moon it works but I'm not sure what I'm doing differently there. Any tips on how to pull this off? Thanks!

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Make sure you cancel into swamp hands before the last hit of 112 comes out. Also make sure your inputs are clean, any extra button pushes or unnecessary inputs else it most likely won't come out.

I'm having this problem. I don't understand this. No other character i play has this: i can go 112xxspecial with lex without this at all, and it's worse online. There must be something off in the input for this character.

his strings are slower than other characters. delay the hands slightly after you press 2. don't do 112hands in a smooth rate. hope that makes sense.

112<wait>hands

Thankfully, his slow strings make it easier to hit confirm :)

do 112 db then watch as the string comes out. if the 11 hits you hit 2 if the 11 whiffs you hit 4. you need to wait until the 2 is hitting to meter burn it consistently anyway.

Most likely if you're having problems you're double tapping a button 1122 as an example

KGB

Noob
My friends helped me figure this out to where I can do this just about every time. They explained to me that this game basically has "dial a combo". What that means is that string combos can be imputed and the game will execute them even if you complete the imputes well before the animation conclusion of any of the moves. Of course this can lead to a block without a way to cancel out of it (sometimes) but it makes it easy to execute this opening string. Just make sure you don't rush through it press all the buttons only once.

So far using this active Pain Chain (and double Swamp Gas), I've been able to place a 75% combo.