What's new

11/6/20 KK - Confirmed System / Balance Changes Coming

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
NOTE: the changes below do not have a ton of detail and do not reflect all the changes coming per the KK trio. These are just some key highlights.

Variations

1. Custom variations are being added to Kombat League / Ranked and Tournaments
  2. Some moves are banned from competitive play despite customs. Example given was Terminator's "Terminate" move
  3. The custom variation system is a new UI added to the character select screen
System Changes
  1. Hitboxes on crouching characters have been adjusted across the board to help with "mids missing crouching"
  2. Most characters have had their D1s and D3s adjusted, including more recovery on block
  3. Hop attacks are now entirely immune to D1s until you're in the recovery frames
  4. Getup animations are a few frames faster so you're on the ground for less time no matter what option you choose
  5. Delay wakeup is now just 1 middle timing. Also has an animation. No longer a short or long delay
  6. Fatal Blows have less pushback on block across the board
  7. New mechanic where some specific moves have a larger frame window for flawless blocking (6f), which includes all Fatal Blows
Character Specifics
Jacqui

1. Upgraded Leap: now has the 6f flawless block window
  2. Dash Punch is now -12 on block
Raiden
  1. B1 overhead string is now +1
  2. Superbolt charge punch is now safe and can be held for a moment
Erron Black
  1. Low Projectile: Now "considerably less safe"
Kitana
  1. Razors: Now only has 1 fan. Must amplify to have 3 fans.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
KL rewards are going to be rotated and recycled - great news for casuals like me who cannot play ranked to save their lives!

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
it's like xmas. making hops useful, adjusting d1, FB pushback, making flawless block more accessible, kustoms.
This is my #1 favorite change coming from what they've mentioned. There's been so many instances where I've made a read that the opponent would go for a D3/D4 so I hop to blow them up with a combo, but they instead mashed a D1 and I get fucked. Made hops feel mostly just a fake-out option instead of an actual quick overhead read option.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Feels like custom variations is our newest nightmare but let be positive about it.

Reactions: Zgf

thlityoursloat

kick kick
This is EXCELLENT.
Any news on the half screen disjointed buttons? I would like them to have hurtboxes, or at the very least, suck you in on block so they can't be used for pressure.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Mk11 Beta Kabal is back! Very excited. Also excited to make some Frost variations where the moves actually have synergy for once.

I like how we get the KL seasons again w/ even more gear and the skins changing ranks! The season of order had Baraka as demi-god, so definitely looking forward to snagging that this time around.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Super nervous about Kustoms but some creativity and degeneracy could do a lot for this game. MK11 is legit top three fighting games I've ever played extensively, but people are right about most of the characters being over-balanced and not allowed to be powerful and fun.
yep, and so, get ready for the all current tier lists that exist right now, to be wiped out, and so, we will see some new surprise characters combinations to be much more positioned on tier list than before ! ;)