What's new

100% rune trap combo

I$AAC

Noob
LMAO WOW what were the odds that i just found about about the free EX rune on block in training only to find that Brady had a WHOLE video of it? LOL good shit Tom

Even without the damage boost you can potentially get over 50%+ from one EX bar and over 70% for 3 bars. Definitely a nice find!

They shouldnt remove it. One reason is that you need all 3 bars as well as skeletal boost to pull this off, too situational seeing that you want to manage you meter for breaker use, x-ray, and even some of his other ex moves.

another reason is for the skeletal boost in general, imo i feel its almost impossible to get a clean skeletal boost off without getting punished (whether off a stagger or a knockdown) due to the fact that the boost dissapears whenever you get hit.

They shouldnt remove it. One reason is that you need all 3 bars as well as skeletal boost to pull this off, too situational seeing that you want to manage you meter for breaker use, x-ray, and even some of his other ex moves.

another reason is for the skeletal boost in general, imo i feel its almost impossible to get a clean skeletal boost off without getting punished (whether off a stagger or a knockdown) due to the fact that the boost dissapears whenever you get hit.
This.

It's either take a risk after a throw or drop a launcher for it, which isn't always a great investment. If they made it, the boost, more integral to his game-play, but well worth the risk/reward ratio involved, I'd be down, but I'd also hate to see it dumb him down as a crutch-ass gimmick.

A low frame next-attack damage increase, or small boost of immediate health would make it interesting, and really give your opponent an incentive to keep up the pressure correctly. (I LOVE this idea)

Rubbing out his trap would warrant some major buffs to his rune recovery, skeletal boost recovery and string integrity, or he's done; It's what keeps him remotely close to the "S" tier chars in terms of power imo.

they'll probably remove it, they remove all the good things about each character.
I'm fine with it if it's a problem (frankly I like the concept of imminent damage on Quan), but he'll need something in lieu, lest he'll be horribly mediocre.

Dusk

Noob
theyll probably patch it if they already havent, hey does anyone know the official dates of the invisible patches they do and what exactly was patched? i would really like to know this.

The point is that the rune trap string (39% dmg) with 3 bars can be set up anytime the opponent blocks a regular 2,1 string.
2,1 rune blocking is the only option on the next 2,1 rune.
10%x3 for the rune and 9% chip dmg from blocks.

KingKuma

Noob
Do you guys believe the rune trap will be patched soon? I was watching videos of the PDP tournament and one of the commentators, who I think works for NRS, stated that the rune trap worked because they were not playing on the patched version of the game.

This makes me sad :'(

It's not like the trap is inescapable. It is also very reliant on meter.

After watching the tournament I think the runetrap needs to stay. Same with Cyrax bomb trap setup, except you shouldn't be able to use net twice.

Breaker and Wake up Ex-d,b3 will make 3x unbroken runetraps very rare.

Error Macro

It April yet?
Do you guys believe the rune trap will be patched soon? I was watching videos of the PDP tournament and one of the commentators, who I think works for NRS, stated that the rune trap worked because they were not playing on the patched version of the game.

This makes me said :'(

It's not like the trap is inescapable. It is also very completely reliant on meter.
I don't understand how Quan Chi could compete without it.

KingKuma

Noob
I really think they patched the rune trap out in the recent hot fix. I can't do it online anymore. Or they made it VERY difficult.

Rune trap is gone, i cant get more than 1 rep after 1,1 stomp.

quan chi still has mixups. and one of the best low high string but as tom brady said. we are fucked. quan chi is shit tier