What's new

$100 Money Match SonicFox vs Perfect Legend Next Weekend At Summer Jam 9!!

Whats with everyone talking about $100 isn't enough, as if its your money being put on the line. If yall care that much, contribute your own money to create a pot bonus.

You mean to tell me that with all the money these two have earned off of winning majors, that they only bet $100 dollars? Come on now this is the battle of the supposed better player, let's see some real man money being risked here! $30,000, half of Sonic's EVO winnings......

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I think they just approach he game so differently. I could be wrong, but the vibe I get from them...

Perfect Legend-->

Sonic Fox-->

A few more that immediately come to mind...

DJT-->

Madzin-->

Foxy Grampa-->

REO-->

Pig of the Hut-->

I know this could be seen as thread derailing, but I'm trying to hype up the whole community so stuff like this happens more often.

Last edited:
I hope PL dose well, I think Sonic is the clear favorite but would be awesome to actually have PL do an upset! hehe...

Still 100 bucks seams a little low... these guys can afford more!

1. The money agreed upon the 2 of them doesn't make the match any more hype to me. It's clearly a match of "pride". Which maxes out any amount of money.

2. People referring to their winnings...Hmm? For those who don't understand why "grown ups" complain about "TAXES", you should look it up and understand they haven't won that much money. The both of them are broke compared to me so for them risk any more money for the gratitude of this "community" would be completely foolish.

3. Although PL is an excellent player, he's gotten older. The reality is...his instincts, reactions, execution simply cannot compete with SF--no matter how much he practices. It's not impossible but will require near perfect gameplay for him to prevail.

haketh

Noob
Here's one thing alot of people saying they're not betting enough money don't know

All those high profile money matches y'all thinking of? Yeah only about 5% of those have ever had only the money of the player as the pot, 95% of the time the players have backers putting up the cash & I doubt PL has anyone to back him on this the money needed to make it that large.

coolwhip

Noob
Again, $100 MM's are things you do impulsively at tournaments, a planned hyped MM with shit talk involved being only $100 is kinda lame. These type of MM's need to be at the minimum $300, but $500 would be better. If you want to bring in more hype, up the ante.
Ok seriously what does that actually change for anyone but the two parties involved? What is this extra $200 going to achieve for the viewer? It would be one thing if it were $1000 or something like that but $200 more is hardly hype inducing. This isn't about that at all. Plus telling people how much money they should lay down for something that concerns only them and we're going to get enjoyment out of regardless is kinda entitled IMO. Not blowing you up or anything but so many posts in this thread are ignoring the point and debating the amount of money on the line as if they should have any say in it. Most money matches we've seen in the community were for far less money by the way.

Last edited: