What's new

Breakthrough 10 pieces of advices to have a very good Skarlet

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The list below are just key advices that can make you a better Skarlet, they've helped me out a lot and i still keep these principles every time i use her.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1. Be always ahead of your opponent decisions, making correct reads is one of the most important keys in this situation, this avoids your character to fall into traps

#2. Be on point with your execution, practice your BnBs everyday, its required to know how to start a combo from anything that can combo, starting and extending them depending of your positioning on screen, and reset at every gravity level possible. And most important, don't drop it.

#3. Know your MUs, you need to know what to do and when to do in specific matches, know which characters you should rush down them to death, which you should turtle, which you should zoning, and which you should play footsies, so don't get cocky and learn how to deal with everyone you can at the highest level, which will also make you avoid baits ups when you could be punish any bait with something else.

#4. Know your Techs, for every opponent decision during the matches, there is always the correct tech and tool to use, being able to use those with the help of the correct reads is a must. No matter how hella impractical it may look, ppl get surprised when they're punished from something they normally wouldn't.

#5. Make them play your game, if you can make anyone enter in a game where you have the control, you'll have the upper hand.

#6. React fast, any Skarlet who can mostly move incredibly fast at the 1st sign of a bad move will make any character fear for using his stuff without considering the possibilities of having Skarlet in front of him, or worse.

#7. Corner them all, Skarlet has a very powerful corner lock down, that leads to 50% resets and add pressure, it should be abused.

#8. Keep leveling up, do not limit yourself saying you already know everything or there isn't much to learn anymore, there is always room for improvement, a Skarlet with the most surprising and variant stuff are the ones harder to read.

#9. Do not forgive, every character has a hole, no matter how slim it may look, being able to punish it will make your character hella unreal to deal with the most slimmest mistakes. Frame Data plays a big role to know which holes you can start a fire.

#10. (place your advice here)

I have my own 10 advice, but it could be yours too, so if you answer this thread, just post your 10th advice in here, it could be fun.

Peace.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I don't really have anything to input here, but a good amount of your advice can be universal regardless of character you use. Good $h!t though it is hella useful to keep in mind.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
A song for all Skarlet, 10: Always listen to this before you use Skarlet...

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
10. Make sure to learn and master all her strings and/or tools. In particular, vary your strings and get a good handle on instant air daggers. Skarlet is a character that, once you learn something new (bnb, iad, etc) it will drastically change your game. Having command of all here tools is the ONLY way to have a good skarlet.

Mine is only mediocre because I cannot IaD very well.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
#10 Be unpredictable. Randomness leads to flustering them which creates major momentum. On the other hand, a predictable skatlet is actually really easy to beat.

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo