What's new

[10/24/09] The NEW Castle Fight Night III - Mineloa, NY - XBOX 360 Raffle!!!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Originally posted at:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?p=7437089#post7437089

There will be a UMK3 tournament at Castle Fight Night

Play 'N Trade was great. It worked out very well. However, the main complaint was the space. I for one wasn't satisfied with it either. Constantly having to become sandwiched between two or more people just to watch a match or mark the brackets was a hassle. Immediately after NCFNII, I started scouting for a new venue. A person named Nick, whose handle is rover0, contacted me and told me about a place called Game Table in Mineola. He said that its pretty spacious and could easily accommodate 70 people. I checked it out, and I am totally thrilled with the place.

Game Table is a mix of things. It's a comic shop, it's a LAN center, its a place to play trading card and table top games, and its host to Smash tournaments. I met with the owner, Dave, and told him what I wanted to host at his place and he is all for it. I hope this venue works out just as well as the others have, and we don't outgrow it too quickly. Check it...

Venue:

Game Table
167 East Jericho Turnpike
Mineola, NY 11501

Easily accessible by car, as well as mass transit.

For public transportation, please take the Ronkonkoma LIRR Line from Penn Station, and get off at Mineola. Please check the signs in Penn Station for a train to Mineola. Ronkonkoma line doesn't always stop there!!!

You can also look for signs in Penn Station for East Williston station, but that involves a transfer at Jamaica and will probably have less trains running to it. Take a cab from Mineola or post up and get a carpool going!

CABS IN THIS AREA ARE PAY-PER-PERSON. IF THE FARE IS $5, THAT'S $5 A HEAD!!!

PLEASE NOTE: The sign of the store is blocked by a tree. It's directly right of the Chase bank and across the street from another bank. It's also to the right of the bowling alley, one block away.

PLEASE NOTE: Parking is limited by the store, but you can park in an open parking lot for free right behind the bowling alley one block away!

For those of you who aren't aware, Mineola is in Nassau County, maybe 10 minutes from the Queens border. It's like 40 minutes closer for city players than Play 'N Trade, and too much closer to count than Castle Golf.

Tournament is Saturday, October 24, 2009.

=========================================

We are no longer space-restricted, so some games from the original Castle Fight Night will be returning!

• Street Fighter IV - PlayStation 3
  • Super Street Fighter II HD Remix - PlayStation 3
  • Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - PlayStation 2
  • BlazBlue - PlayStation 3
  • Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - Xbox 360 or PC. TBD soon!
Fees:
  • Venue Fee: $10
  • Tournament Entry Fee:
    • Street Fighter IV - $10
    • Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - $10
    • Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - $5
    • BlazBlue - $5
    • Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - $5 or FREE - TDB
    • Xbox 360 Arcade System Raffle - $5/ticket/no ticket limit
Registration starts at 12pm, games start at 2pm SHARP!

XBOX 360 RAFFLE GIVEAWAY!!!

For those of you who don't know, along with working a 9-5 and doing tournaments, I also write video game reviews, editorials, and do video reviews for games on YouTube. The company I work for is VideoGameCentral.com. Aside from being a website that sells everything from classic games to current titles, we also have a store located in Howard Beach, Queens. The store is fully stocked, wall to wall to wall to wall with classic games and new releases. Anything from Atari to PS3, Sega Nomad to PSP, it's there.

I was able to secure an Xbox 360 Arcade system to raffle off at just $5 per ticket. The system will be on-site the day of the event, ready to hand over to the winner of the raffle. I will be bringing tickets to the store for the workers to sell prior to the tournament as well. If you're in the area and you want to get your tickets early, I encourage you to stop by the store, check it out, and get your tickets. The drawing will be held toward the end of the event.

Think about it guys, $5 at a shot to win a 360? It's a $200 value that you can easily resell if you already own the system. COME ON!!!

IF YOU HAVE TO LEAVE THE EVENT EARLY, BUT YOU BOUGHT TICKETS, PLEASE INFORM ME THAT YOU'RE LEAVING IN CASE YOU WIN! I WILL HOLD THE SYSTEM FOR YOU AND GIVE IT TO YOU WHENEVER YOU CAN GET IT!!!

All games will be played on CRT televisions. NO HD TVS WILL BE USED!

Livestream setup and recording for Street Fighter IV will be provided by FrameAdvantage.com with commentary by Seb from FADC and Nick/casperOne from SF4answers.com

Livestream setup and recording for Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike will be provided by ME!

Tournament Rules:

• Street Fighter IV
    • Being run by SweetJohnnyCage
    • All characters are allows and will be unlocked on all consoles
    • 2/3 Rounds
    • 2/3 Matches, 3/5 Matches Finals, 4/7 Matches Grand Finals
    • Double Elimination
    • prizes are 70/20/10 of entry fees
  • Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
    • Being run by Nica KO/SF3LP
    • Gill is BANNED
    • 2/3 Rounds
    • Double Elimination
    • Prizes are 70/20/10 of entry fees
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
    • Being run by Nick/roverzer0
    • Akuma/Gouki is BANNED!
    • 2/3 Rounds
    • Double Elimination
  • BlazBlue
    • PlayStation 3 Version Is Being Used!
    • Being run by KayinNasaki
    • 2/3 Rounds
    • Double Elimination
  • Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
    • Being run by ChiroToB/9.95
    • 2/3 Rounds
    • Double Elimination

SFIV Tournament Trophy will be brought in by Phil/9.95!!!

Any questions, concerns, comments, please post up! GET HYPE!!!

P.S.
If anyone would like to volunteer any help, it's always greatly appreciated!!!